Page 1100 of 1174 FirstFirst ... 100600100010501090109710981099110011011102110311101150 ... LastLast
Results 10,991 to 11,000 of 11734
    Members

2 Not allowed!
    22:15 at Hove Park this morning. Pleased with that as it seems I have finally started improving again after a spell of plateauing.
    Also on the back of going to the Test match yesterday and arriving late this morning and not warming up at all.

Looking for around 16 miles tomorrow - Berlin 8 weeks to go.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by big nuts View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Consistent injury free, quality mileage is the key. Get your speed, hills and long runs in plus rest, recover, stretch and strengthen your core and you will see improvements beyond your wildest dreams.

Easier said than done but if you have time and the determination anything is possible.
      Yeah, I'm definitely starting to believe that more and more.

Makes for an interesting question of what the peak potential is for someone without the natural talent and genetic endowment that characterises a lot of elite runners. I'm not sure that you could necessarily quantify it in terms of time benchmarks (5k - sub 16:30 maybe?), especially considering even among us mere mortal runners there's a massive variety in genetic predispositions and intrinsic motivation. It does beg the interesting question though of "If you took ANY athletically average person and provided them with the perfect training regimen/diet/they avoided injury in the process, at the peak age for physical fitness - what kind of times could you expect them all to achieve?"

I've been thinking about this recently and I'm caught between a) there must be a time benchmark which given the ideal training regimen and assuming they had sufficient motivation - any average human could achieve, and b) there's too much genetic variety in the starting point for each person that it's impossible to suggest any person could achieve an objective time.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simgull View Post
      22:15 at Hove Park this morning. Pleased with that as it seems I have finally started improving again after a spell of plateauing.
      Also on the back of going to the Test match yesterday and arriving late this morning and not warming up at all.

Swerved Parkrun as I need to run off the pace and I always end up chasing someone in. Glad as I would have chased you in vain today.

0 Not allowed!

Brill. Fair play. Tough conditions today. Saw Greg Bobkin going round, looked good.
      Members

0 Not allowed!

Well done, Have you got a target time for Berlin? I'm only up to 11 miles for my 'long run'!

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr Banana View Post
      Brill. Fair play. Tough conditions today. Saw Greg Bobkin going round, looked good.
      Looks can be deceiving, Mr B – I still have Lunat-Tic legs and ideally wanted to be closer to 22 than the just under 23 that it turned out to be. I saw you too – were you pacing someone, as I expected you to be off like a rocket and much further up the field? Popped out for an easy five-miler yesterday and then did 30 mins of yoga which seemed to sort out the slightly dodgy knee that had been rearing its ugly head. One thing's for sure though, if I DO make it to the prom on the 12th, it probably I'm probably not going to be SB hunting!

Signed up for Brighton Half this morning –*early bird discount ends today, apparently...
      Chrissy Hughton Fanboy Guinness Boy's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      Having told various people I was never going near a football again I lied. When one of your best mates asks you to play in a charity match for children's cancer what are you going to do?

So no Strava last week but actually managed two 7 a side training sessions and then played 50 mins at full pelt on Saturday. Wouldn't have got through that without running & though I'm a bit achy today the old injury hasn't come close to appearing. The Stretches of Jesus have done the business & going to try to go out Weds, Friday & Sunday this week to get in shape for the glorious 12th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Garry Nelson's teacher View Post
      Well done, Have you got a target time for Berlin? I'm only up to 11 miles for my 'long run'!
      No this is definitely a just go out there and enjoy it effort. Just be pleased to make the start line,

Only did 15miles on Sunday but a tough 15. Hove to the Chattri and then a bit of the SDW. Need a long flat one now to see where I am for Berlin.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Another one not going for SB at the Prom on the glorious 12th. I'll be there but stopped running at the moment Achilles sore even without running.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      No this is definitely a just go out there and enjoy it effort. Just be pleased to make the start line,

Only did 15miles on Sunday but a tough 15. Hove to the Chattri and then a bit of the SDW. Need a long flat one now to see where I am for Berlin.
      Thanks. I guess the great location of yours will help. I've got until early November so am a long way out - but slogging around the PP velodrome 74 times won't be quite as much fun as seeing one of Europe's great cities. But I certainly share your 'just be pleased to make the start line' comment.