Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I’ll probably do Hove Prom on 16th, poss 23rd as well. It’s not operating Christmas Day but Worthing is (PB course) along with Clair Park in Haywards Heath (absolutely not a PB course [emoji23][emoji23])

http://www.parkrun.org.uk/christmas-compendium/

Well, Christmas Day is Preston Park and New Years Day is Hove Promenade (9am) and Hove Park (10:30am) - those are the hattrick of specials!

Preston Park on the day itself is going to be a cracker, NSCers gather in a blue Santas hat?! :jester:

I’ve heard this is a nice event on the 16th https://www.nice-work.org.uk/races/christmas-pudding-dash

If you come to one of the parkruns I’ll wear my blue jays hat in your honour!

Thanks for the info. I land at 9am on the 16th so I'm pretty sure I won't be making the runs on that day :lolol: Christmas Day is looking unlikely as I'll be at my brother's house and he's selfishly moved from Brighton to Burgess Hill. The 23rd is a possibility though.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thanks for the info. I land at 9am on the 16th so I'm pretty sure I won't be making the runs on that day :lolol: Christmas Day is looking unlikely as I'll be at my brother's house and he's selfishly moved from Brighton to Burgess Hill. The 23rd is a possibility though.

You can do Haywards Heath on Christmas Day then.........very friendly group there [emoji106][emoji106]

Preston Park isn’t on the list of Christmas Day runs yet....anyone know if it’s happening ?

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
I'll be at Tilgate Parkrun Christmas Morning. Did it last year and really enjoyed. Certainly worth holding back on the booze Xmas Eve to have a more or less clear head.

Did the Mince Pie 10 on Sunday, and yes the wind was biblical. Must be one of the toughest races I've done. One of the marshalls told me he was having great fun. Actually fell over twice, the second time I seemed to land on my face. But I got up and carried on.

Finished 2:19, third last, but just glad to finish. Much respect to anyone running on Sunday.

JoePrecious

Mar 3, 2009
I'll be at Clair Park on Christmas Day as we're staying with the in-laws, then probably back home for New Years so planning Lloyd Park (technically Croydon - sorry!) and then Bromley.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm in for the full programme of Parkruns over the coming weeks.

16th - Worthing
23rd - Worthing
25th - Preston Park
30th - Durham (pre-Newcastle away)
1st - Hove Prom/Hove Park

I hope to see some of you there!

Then in the new year I'm going all out to get the marathon box ticked. I did 27.5km in 2:16:41 in the rain and wind on Sunday morning, which is my longest ever run and has left me feeling quite confident about doing a marathon this spring. After that, the aim for 2018 will be to go sub-20 at Parkrun.

You could definitely do a sub-20 parkrun, I'm more than happy to pace it. You'll find your times start to tumble when you crank up the mileage for the Marathon preparation, my obsession with pace this year was because I naturally found myself running quicker times - I did 19:34 around Hove Park running a pretty comfortable pace, which beat my PB by 8 seconds, and then the following week I beat it again on Hove Prom, and then back to Hove Park to beat it again, and set 19:01. It's only after the Marathon I dedicated myself to pace work, which ultimately has resulted in the 18 plus change times.

Seaford by the sea

Sep 29, 2008
seaford
I'll be at Tilgate Parkrun Christmas Morning. Did it last year and really enjoyed. Certainly worth holding back on the booze Xmas Eve to have a more or less clear head.

Did the Mince Pie 10 on Sunday, and yes the wind was biblical. Must be one of the toughest races I've done. One of the marshalls told me he was having great fun. Actually fell over twice, the second time I seemed to land on my face. But I got up and carried on.

Finished 2:19, third last, but just glad to finish. Much respect to anyone running on Sunday.

Were you running in an albion top? I thought you were 4th last with just the downhill section to go! :)

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
20.34 AG 72.29% at the Prom this morning. Bit slippery in one place but otherwise pretty good conditions. Happy with that after a week of late nights and drinking too much, something to work on.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
20.34 AG 72.29% at the Prom this morning. Bit slippery in one place but otherwise pretty good conditions. Happy with that after a week of late nights and drinking too much, something to work on.

Cracking time for December.
Had an unfortunate delay on getting flight home changed and been overdoing the eating and drinking myself. Nearest I've got to running is walking by the Cross Country Girls Dance Bar.......Can't wait for a jog on Hove seafront on Tuesday.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Nice...must get up there at some point. Did you sample the brekkie ?

Of course it’s the best post Parkrun venue in my book. Restricted myself to a bacon sarnie and unlimited tea £3 - about the price of a coffee at Hove Park and without the 20 minute queue.

Seaford by the sea

Sep 29, 2008
seaford
Very happy with 21:48 at Peacehaven this morning only 4 secs off PB. Haven't run for a couple of weeks since crowborough, nursing sore knees and ankle, but no ill effects today. My house was burgled on Wednesday and a quick run was just the job to expend some anger and frustration. Now just to get my Xmas head on for the kids sake (and re-purchase the new still packaged running gear that was taken).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here