Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
is this the ringer for Wednesday?? look at that time and &age

Heaton parkrun # 372 - 17/06/2017

1 Stuart BLOOR 13:01 SM25-29 99.23 % M 1 First Timer!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Good spot. He is a top wheelchair racer, hence the fast time. https://en-gb.facebook.com/Stuartbloorwheelchair/

The AG and time is incorrect as it was a wheelchair time.

Good bit of research (by you). I'll probably get shot down but I wonder if PR is getting too big - there were over 600 participants at Heaton park on Saturday and some "parks" just couldn't cope with wheelchairs, dogs on leads, kids attached to adults, etc, etc. It's fantastic how inclusive PR is but at some point.......

GypsyKing

Feb 4, 2013
With Wednesday looming and not having run a timed 5k before, I couldn't resist a try this evening just 2 get a sense of where I am at.

Went off a bit quick so need 2 think about that but otherwise a fair first time effort. Surprised how long 5k felt... bloody warm out there as well!

Screenshot_2017-06-19-22-42-28.png

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
With Wednesday looming and not having run a timed 5k before, I couldn't resist a try this evening just 2 get a sense of where I am at.

Went off a bit quick so need 2 think about that but otherwise a fair first time effort. Surprised how long 5k felt... bloody warm out there as well!

]

Is that a 'come and get me plea' for the SuperEgos?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
[MENTION=26896]GypsyKing[/MENTION] - not hanging about there, fella. But the Weakest Link involves many a hill, very different beast and not really a PB course. I think you've just volunteered yourself to anchor your team there though!

GypsyKing

Feb 4, 2013
I'm just pleased that I still have some speed! Never thought about doing doing a park run before but may think about doing one now.

Re Wednesday I'm just happy to do my bit in whatever capacity. Different circumstances but at least it's given me a bit of confidence that I hopefully won't let down the team given my late inclusion.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
[MENTION=26896]GypsyKing[/MENTION] - not hanging about there, fella. But the Weakest Link involves many a hill, very different beast and not really a PB course. I think you've just volunteered yourself to anchor your team there though!

That's what I thought. [MENTION=26896]GypsyKing[/MENTION] has run a time not quiet good enough for promotion but nailed on for Dog leg 4 in team B.
Some idiot in team C did the same.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I'm just pleased that I still have some speed! Never thought about doing doing a park run before but may think about doing one now.

Re Wednesday I'm just happy to do my bit in whatever capacity. Different circumstances but at least it's given me a bit of confidence that I hopefully won't let down the team given my late inclusion.

Great run in the heat and without runners around you to spur you on. See you Tomorrow. Black bike, Seagull flag and Team numbers 2,3 and 4.

I just hope you are not in the same age category as me or that's my NSC 'old git' record blown out!

Unfortunately he thinks this a thread where runners help each other. Well he needs to knock 2" off his 5k to beat my 12 monthAge Grade percentage (I'm hanging on to last Augusts after 8 months out) and almost 3" for yours.

Expecting a lot of progress from someone who is yet to race a 5k in the prime of his life and can see my third place 76.29% being under pressure.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Great run in the heat and without runners around you to spur you on. See you Tomorrow. Black bike, Seagull flag and Team numbers 2,3 and 4.

Unfortunately he thinks this a thread where runners help each other. Well he needs to knock 2" off his 5k to beat my 12 monthAge Grade percentage (I'm hanging on to last Augusts after 8 months out) and almost 3" for yours.

Expecting a lot of progress from someone who is yet to race a 5k in the prime of his life and can see my third place 76.29% being under pressure.

We can always tie his laces together if he gets to be a real threat...................

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Great - do we need to bring our own safety pins as per the joining instructions?

I will be bringing safety pins AND [MENTION=1508]BenElton'sBrother[/MENTION] . I guess parking for free in the Marina is the best option? What time and where are we meeting? Will the egos have private changing facilities and very big bags of equipment with them?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here