Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

D Block blue

Feb 23, 2009
West Sussex la la la
Who's in for Worthing Sunday? Long Range forecast thankfully suggests a much cooler run this year c.16 degrees, however winds scheduled to be around 16MPH so could be quite gusty.

Yep giving this a go, although not a major pacey runner @47 year old still hoping to do a sub 50 which will be a pb if I do. fingers crossed

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yep giving this a go, although not a major pacey runner @47 year old still hoping to do a sub 50 which will be a pb if I do. fingers crossed

There is a 50 minute pacer according to my email this morning. I've run 46 mins before but am coming back from injury while my mate is hoping to beat 50 mins for the first time. We'll both be running with the 50 min pacer if we can find him. I'll have the black Albion away shorts on with a bright orange "run addict" Asics technical top. Come and find us if you can near the 50 min start.

Can't say where we'll be before unfortunately as it's a sodding rail replacement bus service day :rant:

D Block blue

Feb 23, 2009
West Sussex la la la
There is a 50 minute pacer according to my email this morning. I've run 46 mins before but am coming back from injury while my mate is hoping to beat 50 mins for the first time. We'll both be running with the 50 min pacer if we can find him. I'll have the black Albion away shorts on with a bright orange "run addict" Asics technical top. Come and find us if you can near the 50 min start.

Can't say where we'll be before unfortunately as it's a sodding rail replacement bus service day :rant:

Will do my best to find you, I will be in retro 70's Albion top subject to weather conditions being ok to wear that material

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Will do my best to find you, I will be in retro 70's Albion top subject to weather conditions being ok to wear that material

Should make you easy to spot.

If D block refers to Withdean you might recognise one or both of us anyway. I had a season ticket there for the first 2 years before moving abroad and [MENTION=474]Mr Blobby[/MENTION] was a permanent fixture.

D Block blue

Feb 23, 2009
West Sussex la la la
Should make you easy to spot.

If D block refers to Withdean you might recognise one or both of us anyway. I had a season ticket there for the first 2 years before moving abroad and [MENTION=474]Mr Blobby[/MENTION] was a permanent fixture.

Very much reference to D block at the Theatre of trees Row L :albion2:

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Very much reference to D block at the Theatre of trees Row L :albion2:

Ohhhh a D Block reunion! Running top for me will probably be my purple Martlets top, black shorts and red socks! I will look out for you Sunday, as [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] said we will be by the 50 minute pacer (for a while hopefully)

Left Back

Jan 22, 2011

Put my name down a few weeks ago but haven't done any special training other than weekly park runs so I think 50 mins is going to be my goal too. Turned 50 last month and trying to prove to myself that I'm not over the hill ... yet.

Note to self: If I see the 45min pacer I must resist trying to keep up with him as long as I can!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Only 4 parkruns on the barcode for me so far, but there will be more added in the coming weeks, months and years!

Tomorrow I'm not so sure about, but the Worthing 10k on sunday is still up for debate. I'm not sure how to proceed, but I've paid so I'll be there. Whether I choose to run it in 40 minutes, or pace my mate for an hour, we'll see.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Only 4 parkruns on the barcode for me so far, but there will be more added in the coming weeks, months and years!

Tomorrow I'm not so sure about, but the Worthing 10k on sunday is still up for debate. I'm not sure how to proceed, but I've paid so I'll be there. Whether I choose to run it in 40 minutes, or pace my mate for an hour, we'll see.

Go sub 40 and I'll race you!

I didn't realise there were replacement buses Sunday so I might cycle slowly along.

I've also got a mate who has withdrawn through injury, so if anyone wants a free entry send me a pm.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

I didn't realise there were replacement buses Sunday so I might cycle slowly along.

I've also got a mate who has withdrawn through injury, so if anyone wants a free entry send me a pm.

It wouldn't be wise, this is a race too soon for me. I'll be looking for a sub 40 at the Phoenix but I've got a bit of a foot problem lingering from last week. I've struggled all week so I've been rowing and cycling more. I'm getting tired of training now if I'm honest, my patience is wearing thin. I can feel there's pace to be unleashed!

St Leonards Seagull

Jul 10, 2012
21:21 for me at Hastings today.
I noticed my watch reading a sub 5 minute mile on my second mile, looking at Strava it looks like I may have wandered out to sea. I'm putting it down to lost GPS signal go through bottle alley.
It's a bit annoying to be fair as it's mucked up all my Strava PBs.
After last weeks 20:45 I feel a little deflated, I think the heat got to me and a little frustration with my watch.
Which resulted in a tough last mile, I didn't really feel on my game today.
Even more frustrating is that I can't run a park run for a couple of weeks due to work, to put it right.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Went to Peacehaven again today , it's a really nice run. 18th place in 24:15 ish - a minute quicker than two weeks ago, legs heavy after nine hot, hilly miles yesterday so that's encouraging. Not expecting to go very quick tomorrow.

Had a chat with one of only eight holders of a Parkrun 500 shirt. You've got a way to go [MENTION=635]Gary Nelson[/MENTION]'s teacher - he's done 199 different parkruns and nominated Fountains Abbey as his favourite. Not far from my mother-in-law's so will give that a go sometime.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove

Trains look ok on National Rail site? People are looking for places on the Worthing 10k Facebook page.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I showed real restraint this morning at Hove Promenade, the winning time was 19:05 - I could have won that race this morning, I'm certain. But I'm following my plan, and running a 5k at full pace doesn't really fit, same with the Worthing 10k tomorrow but I paid my money, so I'll be running it.

Monday's 6x1km sprints are more important, only a couple of weeks away from the target Preston Park parkrun!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here