Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
11 miles on bike followed by a lunch time progressive 5 miler, which is about the limit of my distance currently. Last mile helped by chasing down an ex neighbour...

The Arena induction in 2 weeks has got me off my arse.

Did you borrow his lawnmower and not give it back or something?

Went out for a curtailed cycle and run yesterday morning, arriving back just after 7am, which is the time the ironman starts next Sunday. Spent most of the rest of the day thinking 'I'll STILL be going...' :moo:

Just been out for just under 10k. I won't be doing THAT next Monday morning!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Went out for a curtailed cycle and run yesterday morning, arriving back just after 7am, which is the time the ironman starts next Sunday. Spent most of the rest of the day thinking 'I'll STILL be going...' :moo:

Just been out for just under 10k. I won't be doing THAT next Monday morning!

Good luck on Sunday , nutter. Looks like you've trained sensibly and well for the big day. I reckon you'll relax the swim, enjoy the bike and then sprint the first 6 miles of the marathon before settling in and definitely finishing.

Enjoy the day! You must have legs like tree trunks by now.....

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Was able to get runs in on the banks of the Thames (my first run officially over 5K) and the sea front of Worthing. Week 7 of Couch to 5K is in the books. Also managed to get to the Albion v Fulham match. England holiday is over, back to running in the Southern Ontario Sauna

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
First run with the Tom Ulliott group and it was a tough interval session of

1K - 200 metre jog
1K - 200 metre jog
3K - 3 minute cool down

then repeat.

I think I prefer track given a choice for speed work, but still very good for my overall fitness and running progress.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Was able to get runs in on the banks of the Thames (my first run officially over 5K) and the sea front of Worthing. Week 7 of Couch to 5K is in the books. Also managed to get to the Albion v Fulham match. England holiday is over, back to running in the Southern Ontario Sauna

I did a group run yesterday morning, and sauna is definitely the word. Everyone was dripping in sweat by the end. It's definitely a good way to get in shape before the humidity finally drops towards the end of September.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Good luck on Sunday , nutter. Looks like you've trained sensibly and well for the big day. I reckon you'll relax the swim, enjoy the bike and then sprint the first 6 miles of the marathon before settling in and definitely finishing.

Enjoy the day! You must have legs like tree trunks by now.....

Cheers Gaffer. Everyone thinks they can should've done more training and I'm no exception. Just to get around will be an achievement – just focused on making those cutoffs at the moment and we'll see what happens on the day...

I'm not sure I'll be sprinting at ANY point during the day, not even over the finish line – I'm savouring that red carpet!

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Best of luck to [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] tomorrow - sounds like you have trained really well so go out and enjoy it!

Will this make you the thread’s first iron man?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
A huge good luck to [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] today (I assume far to busy to read this right now but I had some "light moderating" to do in my NSC time yesterday).

I managed 10 miles in under 90 minutes this morning so feeling back on track for a crack at my 10 mile PB in Bright10.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Always prepared to take on new challenges today I'm about to experiment on what affect a breakfast of Long Clawson Stilton with toast will have on a progressive 6 miler.

After an easy month I feel ready to start my build up to a November full out Parkrun effort.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Just got back from Leicester 10k with a PB of 54:11. Not up to standards of most on here but an improvement of 1:51 from my previous PB of 56:02 is very satisfying with this being my 4th race of the year (and ever!). Leicester Half Marathon 5 weeks away!

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Always prepared to take on new challenges today I'm about to experiment on what affect a breakfast of Long Clawson Stilton with toast will have on a progressive 6 miler.

After an easy month I feel ready to start my build up to a November full out Parkrun effort.

Still crocked (knee & Achilles) so I can't imagine improving on this year's AG for a while. Good luck with the build-up...……..

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Is the test of it your time or the state of your undies afterwards? :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here