Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
No queues to pick up race packs today... just a traffic jam through town to get to the Asda at the marina.

Anyway, another Preston Park red starter here, and Junior Orange and I had a nice ride on Volks Electric Railway back to Black Rock afterwards.

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
I'm proud to start with the mass mob! I've been given the greatest running number of my life so far, 14007. :thumbsup:

My hip is a mess, my back is aching and my bowels need some regular attention. It's definitely the friday before a marathon!

Yep I'm with you there. Got race pack along with tight calf, sore knee and painful ankle. Checklist complete I'm ready to go.

Also signed up for 2019 while at the village :eek:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Whilst a 10mph wind isn't the worst thing in the world it's certainly annoying, time to park up behind the best windbreak you can find running the course.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Heading down with Mrs H tomorrow and should be at the village about midday. Have paid up using Amex, which really beat any queues last year. Think I might just sign up for 2019 while I'm there. Think it's time my old mate (see avatar) came out of retirement.

Four months of work to get to this point and, bar a dose of Manthrax in March, I've loved it. Those long miles up and down the Basingstoke Canal on freezing mornings made me feel alive and really calmed the mind. Now for the fun of sharing the occasion with thousands of others.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Good fun handing out race packs this morning - queues were light all morning and it’s really great to feel the sense of excitement.

Good to see [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] and [MENTION=11716]Penny[/MENTION]s harmonica - sorry I missed you somehow [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=474]Mr Blobby[/MENTION]
[MENTION=67]Curious Orange[/MENTION] - did I do yours I wonder? - I was handing out reds and blues mainly.

Funniest moment was handing a pack out for someone who must have been so disturbed by his zombie burlesque evening, he’s hot footed it back from the other side of the pond to take part after all- you know who you are!!

Planning to get to the park around 9 on Sunday - knocky1 and I should be just to the north side of the cafe if anyone wants to meet up.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'm proud to start with the mass mob! I've been given the greatest running number of my life so far, 14007. :thumbsup:

My hip is a mess, my back is aching and my bowels need some regular attention. It's definitely the friday before a marathon!

That's a great bib number. Cover up the 14 so you're just 007 :thumbsup:

I've lucked out with bib numbers recently. At the 2016 Toronto Waterfront Half Marathon I got 12221. I didn't think I'd be able to top that until I did the Sporting Life 10k last year and they gave me 1111. Result!

Just done my longest training run, 35.4k. I felt really good the whole way and even managed to up the pace a bit at the end. Three weeks until race day and I've never felt in this kind of shape before.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Good fun handing out race packs this morning - queues were light all morning and it’s really great to feel the sense of excitement.

Good to see [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] and [MENTION=11716]Penny[/MENTION]s harmonica - sorry I missed you somehow [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=474]Mr Blobby[/MENTION]

[MENTION=67]Curious Orange[/MENTION] - did I do yours I wonder? - I was handing out reds and blues mainly.

Funniest moment was handing a pack out for someone who must have been so disturbed by his zombie burlesque evening, he’s hot footed it back from the other side of the pond to take part after all- you know who you are!!

Planning to get to the park around 9 on Sunday - knocky1 and I should be just to the north side of the cafe if anyone wants to meet up.

Good luck to all of you on Sunday. I look forward to seeing your runs appear on Strava, and no doubt hear all the details on here :thumbsup:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...

Who knows, were you still going at lunch, and how many chaps did you serve who were accompanied by their six year old sons?

:)

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
No queues to pick up race packs today... just a traffic jam through town to get to the Asda at the marina.

Anyway, another Preston Park red starter here, and Junior Orange and I had a nice ride on Volks Electric Railway back to Black Rock afterwards.

Be good for everyone to meet at this point above. It's near the urinals. Should be Albion stuff on display and a few 007s for identification. I would like to meet Curious for the first time as it's been a good 4 years since I only
Allowed him virtual race rights to the first NSC Parkrun challenge where I finished one second behind the big man [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] before he got 2-3 minutes quicker. What a scalp that would have been. Curious virtually won that day.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Jesus is emigrating to Winnipeg in June after 14 years of healing my pains. What am i going to do without Jesus?
Most people FIND Jesus, not LOSE him...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
......naughty boy? Hope the french Canadians throw a cow on him.
I wish him well. Started out working on Michel Kuipers back and soon set up on his own. Superb professional. :bowdown:

Agree. I only used him the once, a little out of desperation to be truthful as he obviously is based far from me, but he identified the issue pretty quickly just by asking me questions and poking about, gave me some excercises and I was sorted with a few weeks and back out pounding the pavements.

He’s helped so many of us, maybe we should get him a little memento or something? Is he starting a practice in Winnipeg? Maybe a plaque from NSC Runners to pop on the wall of his new practice? Any other ideas?

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
......naughty boy? Hope the french Canadians throw a cow on him.
I wish him well. Started out working on Michel Kuipers back and soon set up on his own. Superb professional. :bowdown:

First I've heard of this and like you I wish him well. Will NSC ever have a physio so universally loved, respected and adored as Jesus?

It will be interesting to hear where everyone else goes.

I wouldn't recommend Studio 57 or Physio Rooms as they just want to keep you coming back week after week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here