Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Can anyone recommend a pub for a post run pint somewhere near the finish that opens at 11?

You could do a lot worse than Wetherspoons West Street at that time of day. Could do a lot better too! But not sure if many others will be open at that time excluding the Bat & Ball which would be interesting!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm all prepared for the big day, I'm hoping for 1:30 tomorrow, whether that's enough to take the NSC Gold again or not, that would be a real boost to my confidence. I'm not feeling it right now, I've felt heavy legged all week and short on pace and stamina, we'll see what tomorrow brings.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
You could do a lot worse than Wetherspoons West Street at that time of day. Could do a lot better too! But not sure if many others will be open at that time excluding the Bat & Ball which would be interesting!

Thought it might be a West St option, that’ll do the job though, thanks

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
I'm all prepared for the big day, I'm hoping for 1:30 tomorrow, whether that's enough to take the NSC Gold again or not, that would be a real boost to my confidence. I'm not feeling it right now, I've felt heavy legged all week and short on pace and stamina, we'll see what tomorrow brings.

I did 1.34 last year so let’s bring it
I will be in the blue Albion training top

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Let’s look Brighton in the face and have this lads & lasses!

Want to hear plenty of seagulls shouts as usual :thumbsup:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Good luck HM runners. Not looking forward to the 20 miler tomorrow running into a freezing headwind.

Good luck to all Halves from me too.
Ditto with 20 miler. FIred up but you'll get home a good hour before I do. You must be a contender for the NSC sub 3 marathon attempt.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I didn't see anyone at the end, or start, and had to make a bit of a breakaway. I woke up at 8:35, got down there for 9:05 so started with the 2 hour people. My splits are up on Strava, I ran a solid enough race and steady splits other than the first mile of 7:29 and ran a time of something like 1:31:21.

I get the impression it won't be enough for the Gold, but I'm hoping for a podium spot!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Bit late but good luck to the HMers.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
1:28:36 chip time for me. A little underwhelmed by the time, but tough conditions with the final 5k a test of will.

Wow
Very impressive. Well done

I was 1.36 and the wind in the last 5k did make a difference, I agree

I also blame the Albion. A record equalling top flight victory forced me to drink 8 pints yesterday. I felt every one around the 9 mile mark!

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
I didn't see anyone at the end, or start, and had to make a bit of a breakaway. I woke up at 8:35, got down there for 9:05 so started with the 2 hour people. My splits are up on Strava, I ran a solid enough race and steady splits other than the first mile of 7:29 and ran a time of something like 1:31:21.

I get the impression it won't be enough for the Gold, but I'm hoping for a podium spot!

Well done. Very good

I thought the wind by Hove lawns made a difference. You?

I think you are second, as there is a 1.28 post

But to be fair to you, I also arrived late and started at 9.05 and weaving around the walkers (!!!) and 2-hour crew does lose time/use energy

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Well done [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] - I wouldn't have been able to keep pace with those splits, so we're 1-1 for Half Marathons. :bowdown:

It was difficult with the wind at times, and there were a lot of pinch points which you'd expect in the thick of the 2 hour folk. The run from the Marina to the Steine was quite tight where I was, which is entirely my fault for being late, but made it tough to maintain a steady pace. I also took an elbow in the ribs at the St Peters Church turn, his technique was laughable and he was clearly totally ****ed at that point, running just over 7 minutes per mile at that stage - it was a total accident, he was frustrated with himself for his poor pacing and was flexing his arm and I just happened to be there!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here