Page 1 of 987 12341151101501 ... LastLast

Official Running Thread

1 Not allowed!
    Given there seems to be a lot of runners on this site, and a number of people looking to get started in the world of running I thought it would be a good idea to get a single thread up and , er, running.

Hopefully we can use this thread to discuss and share upcoming races, personal courses, PBs, tips, injuries, encourage newbies, the music we're listening to whilst grinding round our fair city........ in fact anything.

To get the ball rolling Mrs Tubthumper and myself will be taking in the Hove Park 5k tomorrow morning. See you there.
    "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      I am a very poor, very slow runner (if that's even the right term), but I did quite a bit last year. Hoping to start again shortly, and the Hove park 5k will be my first target.
      Tricky-Art for perusal at your leisure. Warning : No Albion content (yet - maybe sometime)

http://www.painters-online.co.uk/artist/TrickyDicky

0 Not allowed!
      I'm quite tempted by this 5k malarky, where do you sign up?

I'm currently training for the 10k in October 3rd and Brighton Marathon. I've been recovering from a metatarsal injury so have been doing more swimming then running recently, will be off the pace at the 10k but would like to be ably to complete it under 40m.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Love running, if only to train for football, tennis etc. Especially sprint training, 3 mins jog then 30 secs sprint. Great for getting the body toned/losing weight, and stops me getting bored like I normally do just going the same speed!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by deletebeepbeepbeep View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I'm currently training for the 10k in October 3rd and Brighton Marathon. I've been recovering from a metatarstle injury so have been doing more swimming then runnin recently, will be off the pace at the 10k but would like to be ably to complete it under 40m.
      If you google Hove Park Run it will come up. You just enter a few details and they will email you a bar code. Take this every run and you will get an official time. You only need to present your bar code once you've finished. It's good fun and a great way to start the weekend (if you have not already started it on the Friday night)...with a few other Albion loons.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      For anyone who isn't aware of it, this is a brilliant little website.

Running Routes - WalkJogRun

0 Not allowed!
      I've been injured for 4 months, but my physio tells me I can get re-started at the end of the month. I had been running 3 times a week (at least) for the past 3 years except for this injury period, and it's been hard.
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by deletebeepbeepbeep View Post

I'm currently training for the 10k in October 3rd and Brighton Marathon. I've been recovering from a metatarsal injury so have been doing more swimming then running recently, will be off the pace at the 10k but would like to be ably to complete it under 40m.
      Sub 40 is a bloody good time. Good luck with that.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by FFF View Post
      For anyone who isn't aware of it, this is a brilliant little website.

Running Routes - WalkJogRun
      I use MapMyRun.com
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Anyone any ideas how to recover from shin splints?

Had it bad after the Reading Half Marathon in March so stopped training completly since then but can't get rid. Tried a very short run last week and they were killing the next day !