Page 1079 of 1146 FirstFirst ... 7957997910291069107610771078107910801081108210891129 ... LastLast
Results 10,781 to 10,790 of 11457

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by knocky1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Paced beautifully by Mr Blobby and GB to get me to 5k on 25". Second 5k about 23" 27'. At the Power station turn had a friendly Spanish guy on my tail. Tried to lose him with little bursts but he stayed. Kept going steady and he was there. Got to 5 miles and thought I had to lose him. Upped the pace and he stayed. Then let him in front with last km hoping to catch him on the run in. Caught up near the end but 20m back. Good 3 mile contest and had a good chat after.
    Interesting that time didn't come into it for me in this challenge. It was about winning. The winner wasn't me but he pushed me. Nice to run over 4 miles for the first time in a year.

Few beers in the Brunswick didn't do any harm at all.
    Blimey! I didn't know it had been that long...

Sounds like a cracking evening out. Well done all. Just got my official time for BTT – 47:55 and 57/330th.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

3 Not allowed!
      Really pleased with that. Set out with a target of 47 to 47:30 and came in at 47:13.

For once did not start too quick and maintained steady pace throughout with km 8 and 9 slightly slower due to the wind. Very happy with those splits.

Phoenix 10k is really one of my favourite events - I think because of the midweek evening timing it atttacts the whole Brighton and Hove running community so loads of support and a great catch up in the pub afterwards.
      Name:  IMG_2349.PNG
Views: 89
Size:  98.4 KB
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simgull View Post
      Really pleased with that. Set out with a target of 47 to 47:30 and came in at 47:13.

For once did not start too quick and maintained steady pace throughout with km 8 and 9 slightly slower due to the wind. Very happy with those splits.

Phoenix 10k is really one of my favourite events - I think because of the midweek evening timing it atttacts the whole Brighton and Hove running community so loads of support and a great catch up in the pub afterwards.
      Name:  IMG_2349.PNG
Views: 89
Size:  98.4 KB
      Congrats to the NSC runners who flew the flag at the Phoenix. some good running - and drinking too.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      http://www.sportsystems.co.uk/ss/res...nix%2010K/2947. Results here.

Immediately checked for Juan, who pushed me, in results. Hoped I'd started behind him in the corral and had won on chip time. No such luck he was 10 seconds behind at the start and 17 seconds up on chip time. Must stop chasing men in their early 40's.....

Got progressive negative mile splits and paced it to a level of enjoyment. Achilles better this morning than yesterday but it's getting a 10 day rest.
      Members

5 Not allowed!
      Ran my first ever 10k at Phoenix. Really pleased with chip time of 50:17. So tough going back in wind beyond any distance I've run before. Sorry I couldn't catch up with NSC runners (caught a lift other seaford striders). Well done all those that ran.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Seaford by the sea View Post
      Ran my first ever 10k at Phoenix. Really pleased with chip time of 50:17. So tough going back in wind beyond any distance I've run before. Sorry I couldn't catch up with NSC runners (caught a lift other seaford striders). Well done all those that ran.
      Well done on losing your virginity. Me and my Spanish amigo went by a peleton of Seaford Striders on the run in. Were you in the group or running solo? Certainly good running with people.
      Last edited by knocky1; 13-07-2017 at 09:33.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bobkin View Post
      Blimey! I didn't know it had been that long...

Sounds like a cracking evening out. Well done all. Just got my official time for BTT – 47:55 and 57/330th.
      Had an email from Strava yesterday congratulating me on running 75 miles this year. Cheeky *****. That's an easy days run for some on here.
      Punxsatawney Phil Curious Orange's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Wow that looks like a competitive field! Well done everyone who took part last night, it sounds like you all enjoyed yourselves, and it was a nice evening for it.
      When Steve McQueen met The Blob, he tried to kill it. It probably never crossed his mind to try and take it out to a restaurant.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Curious Orange View Post
      Wow that looks like a competitive field! Well done everyone who took part last night, it sounds like you all enjoyed yourselves, and it was a nice evening for it.
      Even you would have been 80th upwards!
      Punxsatawney Phil Curious Orange's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      Even you would have been 80th upwards!
      Yes, I noticed that. My PB (never thought I'd actually beat my Dunsfold Aerodrome time) of 38:31 bagged me 26th place at Yateley, 8th in my age category.
      When Steve McQueen met The Blob, he tried to kill it. It probably never crossed his mind to try and take it out to a restaurant.