Page 1078 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 78578978102810681075107610771078107910801081108811281178 ... LastLast
Results 10,771 to 10,780 of 12074

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by knocky1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just remember don't start in front of @Mr Blobby. I'm sticking behind him as my first 5K pacer.
    Well done @dazzer6666. Great man management. A simple MTFU and he's back in.
    😂😂😂😂😂 Usually works.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

1 Not allowed!
      All the best to anyone tackling the Phoenix. As ever looking forward to hearing race reports. Looks like there could be a re-run of the Ovett/Coe/Cram type of rivalries.....................
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Looking forward to tomorrow. Think it will just be a take it easy and enjoy (if you can enjoy 10k). Pub afterwards should be good though. See some of you there.

6 Not allowed!
      Beat The Tide Demons well and truly banished. Couldn't be more different to last year's race. According to my watch it was sub-48, but I'm less fussed about the time and more the race management, which I managed to get spot on.

Plus I figured out EXACTLY what went wrong last year – went off too quickly tried to power up the stones, panicked because pace had slowed struggling up them, busted a gut to get back on track along the tarmac, blew up and was spent by the half-way turn. This time it was an almost leisurely start, evenly paced splits, a nice recovery back to sub-8 min/mile pace after the stones and pretty much chilled out. Delighted doesn't even cover it.

Anyway, onwards and upwards – good luck to the Phoenix crew tonight. I hope the weather conditions are better than they were for us last night!
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simgull View Post
      Looking forward to tomorrow. Think it will just be a take it easy and enjoy (if you can enjoy 10k). Pub afterwards should be good though. See some of you there.
      I'm going to enjoy it as a chatting plodder, could be my last run for 2-4 weeks, going to rest this ****** Achilles for a while.
      Maybe see you in the NSC rear Peleton.

Well done @Greg Bobkin for your King Neptune victory.
      Chrissy Hughton Fanboy Guinness Boy's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr Blobby View Post
      I was going to stick behind @Guinness Boy and @knocky1 . It could end up like the build up to a sprint in the Tour De France with everyone holding back and circling each other! I am hoping I have more energy than I did on Sunday, fingers crossed. I have done 5 x 10k races this year and done 51.06, 51.53, 51.01, 49.59 & 51.42 so pretty consistent. Will see how I feel on the day.

On the 10 miles races I am doing the Bright 10 (Never done that one) and the GSR which I did last year and loved it. Superb support all the way round.
      No overnight reaction from my knee so I will see you chaps around Hove Lawns - maybe meet by the baggage tent? For the last two years there has been a 50 min pacer, a chap in orange shirt and hat who hits each KM exactly on the button. Two years ago he lost me after the power station, last year I beat him by well over three minutes. Today? Somewhere in between with any luck.
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.

0 Not allowed!
      Just watching a live stream from Ant Bliss (Sussex Sport Photography). Spotted some familiar faces but no NSCers yet. Word is that it's tough coming back because of the wind...

And then some guy just threw up – nice!
      Fake News Police Ninja Elephant's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      I think I'm now going to have to take some time off running to get my achilles right, the problem extended to my ankle this evening so I'm going to have to take some time to get it back right again before cracking on. My 18:50 is probably a declaration for the season now. I'm going to concentrate on gym work and getting back in the pool as well.

42:44 was my time, I am disappointed not to challenge my PB but it wasn't on when I turned and felt the wind!

Good sharp pint in the pub (singular for me, going to be a different story for many others!), another NSC runners' tradition alive and well.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bobkin View Post
      Just watching a live stream from Ant Bliss (Sussex Sport Photography). Spotted some familiar faces but no NSCers yet. Word is that it's tough coming back because of the wind...

And then some guy just threw up – nice!
      Not us. @Guinness Boy bought the extra round to see us last in the pub but no throwing up.
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Paced beautifully by Mr Blobby and GB to get me to 5k on 25". Second 5k about 23" 27'. At the Power station turn had a friendly Spanish guy on my tail. Tried to lose him with little bursts but he stayed. Kept going steady and he was there. Got to 5 miles and thought I had to lose him. Upped the pace and he stayed. Then let him in front with last km hoping to catch him on the run in. Caught up near the end but 20m back. Good 3 mile contest and had a good chat after.
      Interesting that time didn't come into it for me in this challenge. It was about winning. The winner wasn't me but he pushed me. Nice to run over 4 miles for the first time in a year.

Few beers in the Brunswick didn't do any harm at all.