Page 1070 of 1146 FirstFirst ... 7057097010201060106710681069107010711072107310801120 ... LastLast
Results 10,691 to 10,700 of 11457
  1. #10691
    Members
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brighton
    Posts
    2,088


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by knocky1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Impressed with your running, however..............You'll need a rocket up your arse to catch him. You're 90 seconds behind on AG and need a sub 20:30 to match him. I gave up with a 76.29% effort last August. GNT can AG front run on his own.
    You'll do better to push on to stop anyone behind overtaking your AG. I've certainly got you in my sights .........
    Yes, I fear you're right. My latest AG was back in February, and although I've been consistently above 70 on pretty well all 5k runs since then, I think I'll struggle to top it, let alone get anywhere near GNT's levels. You can but dream, however.... and as you say, keeping my position in the AG ranking will also be challenging given the competition on NSC

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #10692

      0 Not allowed!
      With the missing 'regulars' to come, we will have – as I predicted – five teams for Weakest Link next year then?

      Easy way of deciding the groups too - @knocky1, you could be out of a job!
    • #10693
      Members
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Posts
      6,763


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bobkin View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      With the missing 'regulars' to come, we will have – as I predicted – five teams for Weakest Link next year then?

      Easy way of deciding the groups too - @knocky1, you could be out of a job!
      If only you knew the problems faced by upper management. Trying to get a load of wastrel, prima Donnas into teams is not easy when they use sick notes, holidays or work as an excuse in the week before. The boys done well in the end though.
    • #10694
      Chrissy Hughton Fanboy Guinness Boy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
      Posts
      11,344


      2 Not allowed!
      Resting knee and blister on Sunday paid off. Managed to crack out 5 reasonably effortless miles this morning on the seafront. The interesting thing is that my Garmin has died and gone to Garmin heaven (or at least back to them for another fix under warranty ) so I ran without a watch and measured it on my phone's Strava app. The pacing is very odd. First two miles almost identical, mile three much faster, mile four paying for mile 3 and mile 5 slower due to fatigue / heat / rush hour traffic / cool down.

      I think I've taken from that that when I run naturally my steady pace is about 9.20 (needs to go down to about 8,40 in time for Brighton) and I speed it up when there are a lot a slim 20-something women doing Bootcamp sprints on Hove Lawns
      Brighton But Only At Home

      It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.
    • #10695
      Members Bigtomfu's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Harrow
      Posts
      4,199


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Guinness Boy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      ... and I speed it up when there are a lot a slim 20-something women doing Bootcamp sprints on Hove Lawns
      I'd say that makes it look like interval training but in the summer down there you'd basically be sprinting for about ten miles from Shoreham to Saltdean.

      My friends and I have an anonymous term to describe such scenes without being caught out with a skunk eye from the Mrs.

      "Went for a tremendous walkabout, marvellous scenes to behold by all!"
    • #10696
      The Designated Survivor Ninja Elephant's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2009
      Posts
      16,567


      1 Not allowed!
      NAME SB PB AG
      Curious Orange 18:36 18:36 73.92%
      Ninja Elephant 18:50 18:50 67.80%
      Big Nuts 19:00 18:40 70.26%
      Hooky 19:52 19:52 71.90%
      Penny's Harmonica 20:10 20:10 72:56%
      Dazzer 20.22 19.57 72.42%
      GNT 20.29 20:20 79.66%
      JoePrecious 21:10 19:44 69.68%
      Simgull 21:20 20:21 69.14%
      Left Back 21:28 21:28 68.17%
      Greg Bobkin 21:44 20:54 61.83%
      Soistes 21:59 21:59 73.62%
      Anchorman 22:44 21:34 68.77%
      Knocky 22:52 17:45 68.37%
      Seaford 23:38 23:38
      Comp Badger 23:29 23:29 55.07%
      m20gull 28:18 26:15 54.3%

      Work to be done! Cracking table and good to see the running community growing as well. Is it time for the NSC Runners Club to get affiliated?!
    • #10697
      Members
      Join Date
      Jan 2013
      Location
      Hove
      Posts
      697


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by knocky1 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      If only you knew the problems faced by upper management. Trying to get a load of wastrel, prima Donnas into teams is not easy when they use sick notes, holidays or work as an excuse in the week before. The boys done well in the end though.
      Don't worry, you haven't lost the dressing room.....yet ��
    • #10698

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simgull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Don't worry, you haven't lost the dressing room.....yet ��
      However, I did hear there were murmurings about bringing in a director of running...
    • #10699
      Members
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Posts
      6,763


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bobkin View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      However, I did hear there were murmurings about bringing in a director of running...
      I refuse to resign as I realise how much I am needed. @Curious Orange spreadsheet league is not replacing me. Going through the League table to get the teams this year would have given:

      Team 1 absent too far away, 2 and 3 OK, 4, newbie lurker
      Team 2. Sick, work,, work, who are you?
      Team 3. Recovering from SB, who are you?, solid @GB, who are you?
      Team 4. lurker turn up 5" before without notice, ME, newbie, lurker
      Team 5 @m20gull running 5 legs on his own.

      6 weakest link runners not yet in League table inc. a super ego, the lazy, the busy and the Ringer, without whom it would not have been possible.

      We would have disgraced ourselves........plus could a League Table have picked up the team race numbers, taken a bamboo flag pole, supplied safety pins, subsidised @big nuts entry by 50% and stay in the pub till 11.30 to ensure everyone was enjoying the Social Activity?
      Last edited by knocky1; 06-07-2017 at 07:55.
    • #10700

      0 Not allowed!
      Roasting hot out there yesterday, not really sure why I decided to go out in 27 degree heat but now getting a few miles on the clock each week and feel good for it. Annoyingly I will at some point, for whatever reason, have a couple of weeks off and we start all over again.
      NEW SCHTUMMCAST. MORE VIBES AVAILABLE HERE >>>>>> http://soundcloud.com/schtumm/schtum...0-neal-schtumm

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •