Page 1058 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 58558958100810481055105610571058105910601061106811081158 ... LastLast
Results 10,571 to 10,580 of 12074
    Fake News Police Ninja Elephant's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    So Hove Promenade and Worthing are cancelled this weekend so I might have another stab at Peacehaven, at full pace. If I wake up in time!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by poidy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      If you can run 5K in 22:52, you should have plenty left in the lungs running the first half of a 10K at 8.30 minute miles.

It'll be your legs that let you down if you haven't run over 3 miles in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      A new debate for NSC. Interesting point. Personally I think heart not being able to maintain that pace from not having been trained at long slow distance. My legs have never let me down in a race up to half a marathon in 52 years and was happy with them for their first 5 years before that! My pacing must avoid that.

Anyway I'm Geared up to be the Guinea pig and today did a 4m with a nice upward pace graph https://www.strava.com/activities/1056378139
      Will do 5.2 miles next week in similar fashion and then leave the 1 mile for the days target of 47-48.

Are you running the Phoenix? It's a good event.
      Last edited by knocky1; 27-06-2017 at 18:15.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Garry Nelson's teacher View Post
      I too have to confess to being a shocker at this. I've always really disliked longer runs (= for me anything over 1 hour) and I'm sure it's something to do with trying to run them too fast. This could be down to ego and/or total incompetence.
      Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Elephant View Post
      So Hove Promenade and Worthing are cancelled this weekend so I might have another stab at Peacehaven, at full pace. If I wake up in time!
      Thanks for the warning. I was going to Hove Park but it's now going to be very busy. I'm considering Clair Park. Any car sharers?
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by knocky1 View Post
      Thanks for the warning. I was going to Hove Park but it's now going to be very busy. I'm considering Clair Park. Any car sharers?
      Probably (Bugger) Bognor for me. Be interested to hear your view on Clair. I thought it was really quite hard but I did an OK time. I'd rank it about the same as Peacehaven.

On the long slow distance (LSD) debate I claim absolutely no expertise at all but I remember when I started running in around 1985 I read someone who wrote that LSD just produces long slow runners and it's always stuck in my mind. Come to think of it, my times over longer distances are so poor that I should be disqualified from taking part in any such debate!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Stuart's enquiry would say a floating 30 sec variance for team B. You can squabble amongst yourselves ad finitum.

Interested on @Mr Blobby confirming leg 2 time. The Irish ringer is down for leg 1 in 12.30, which would be an amazing loan performance by the big lad.
      My watch said 13.10 so its about right as I didnt start it immediately! I think I was officially the weakest link. Do I win a prize? Perhaps I should have to carry the bags for the egos and super egos next year? I blame my time on the heat, the grass was too long, the heat, the dog ate my course map, have I mentioned the heat? - please choose one and hold the others for next year :-)
      Mark R
      England Away For all my England match reports and quite a few pictures!!
      Members

4 Not allowed!
      Did the first Brighton & Hove GoDadGo 10k on Sunday. Paced a mate, which was new to me, he got a PB by 4 minutes.

http://www.godadrun.co.uk/

Hopefully a few more runners next year (was about 150 this year). Medals handed out by Mark Foster and Sally Gunnell.
      Name:  19429688_10156179728242814_5478919176378159306_n.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  94.2 KB
      Mark R
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr Blobby View Post
      My watch said 13.10 so its about right as I didnt start it immediately! I think I was officially the weakest link. Do I win a prize? Perhaps I should have to carry the bags for the egos and super egos next year? I blame my time on the heat, the grass was too long, the heat, the dog ate my course map, have I mentioned the heat? - please choose one and hold the others for next year :-)
      I'm resigning as head of selection. The blames lies fair and square on not letting you have the first run. Probably the fastest Eamons ever run, despite the heat, the grass and the bloody dog.......

0 Not allowed!
      Don't be fooled by the grey skies – it's muggy out there. Came back from 10k of mixed pace miles this morning absolutely drenched (and no, it wasn't raining!).

The big one today though (weather permitting) – Sports day
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      I'm resigning as head of selection. The blames lies fair and square on not letting you have the first run. Probably the fastest Eamons ever run, despite the heat, the grass and the bloody dog.......
      You have been appointed for a minimum of 5 years. Sorry
      Mark R
      Naming Rights

2 Not allowed!
      *Novice alert*

Been for a couple of runs for the first time in a (very) long time recently. I haven't explicitly timed them, but have run for around 20 minutes at a steady pace just to ease myself in as it were.

I think I'd like to work towards doing 5ks, and would like to set myself targets but I'm not really sure what I should be looking at. Could anyone kindly suggest some reasonable targets? I'm in mid 20s, play a bit of football and cricket, have an average build and I'd be keen to do a couple of practice runs a week. A quick google suggests it's pretty subjective so any help is appreciated!

PS - quite fascinating to read the last few pages to see what you guys have got going on, seems a pretty sound NSC sub-community.
      Oh, so you've highlighted.
      Hello, how are you.