Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Hoping there is a tv in the cafe at top of Snowdon! I’m all for waiting until the game has finished to start Snowdon - the rest of my party seem less interested. An hour away from starting Ben Nevis now - on the small sample of Scots we have met so far they have the Swedish flag firmly nailed to the mast.

Sounds good fun.

Sea has warmed up massively today and I came out from 20" swim without shivering at last. Downside is I trapped a jelly fish around my nose and cheeks whilst rotating my head. Felt like repeated electric shocks. Apple cider vinegar has equalised it.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Will you still run Phoenix if England are in the semi finals? For once injury has saved me from a difficult dilemma.

Are you injured again?

Be good if they changed the start to 6, I'd just make the match. I certainly won't run it but will pop down the seafront to see what the turnout is.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
My intention is to run Worthing tomorrow if I wake up in time. Forecast is for a 5 MPH North Westerly so conditions that will be conducive for a PB. If I wake too late, I'll look to come up to Hove Park instead.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Will you still run Phoenix if England are in the semi finals? For once injury has saved me from a difficult dilemma.

Don't know about the others, but not a chance for me. England in a semi versus 53 uncomfortable minutes at the back of the pack isn't even a contest.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton

I’m out of the Phoenix 10k if England go through. It’s a real shame as I was really looking forward to the race, and I guess a shame for the organisers and Clocktower as there will be a lot of DNS on the night. I don’t even care that much about England going through,
to be honest, but it’s still a match I really want to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I was planning on going to Peacehaven (wake up time dependent!) but if there's a party at Hove Park then that will do for me!

BiffyBoy

Aug 20, 2012
Has anyone completed the Tokyo marathon? - enjoy it? I'm trying to do the charity route this year but it's a bit confusing.

Also, I stupidly paid 200 odd quid for a pair Nike vaporfly 4% and they quick, but not worth the cash! - the foam started to come out after my first few runs. - Don't do it!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Has anyone completed the Tokyo marathon? - enjoy it? I'm trying to do the charity route this year but it's a bit confusing.

I haven’t but it’s on my radar. I’ll be interested to hear about how you get on. Good luck.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Just saw [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] trotting along the Prom. Gave me an idea of how I'll look in an hour and a half after Parkrun. May sit back a bit today and save some energy for afternoon drinking............

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
New Park Run PB but forgot my bar code ggggggrrrrrrrrrr

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Just saw [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] trotting along the Prom. Gave me an idea of how I'll look in an hour and a half after Parkrun. May sit back a bit today and save some energy for afternoon drinking............

Nice to see you. Hope parkrun went well.

8 miles for me in the first section, trying to run a very sedate 9:45 average to burn some fat. Even that didn't survive in to the last 2 miles when the heat turned my legs in to jelly. Refreshed them with a nice cold dip in the sea near the Anglers club and then jogged the last mile home for a 9 mile run and 10 minute swim all done before 9am :)

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Heavy legged Parkrun after yesterday's hill cycling intervals on Duke's Mound. Got the first mile too fast for the plan, 7:02,7:13,7:13 but kept at it in the heat and happy to get to 5:33 mile pace for the run in, which I lost.

Good weeks work all round. Just hope I don't have to run the 10K Wednesday...................................

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Email them....if you know your finishing position they’ll usually add you......

It wouldn't happen in Germany. He can do it faster next week.

He is certainly on fire with his running. Burning the mileage and speed.

Thanks. I’ll drop them a line and see what they say.

And yes it’s going well at the moment; I’ve never ran this fast before. Tomorrow I hit the 20 mile mark with this plan; first 16 miles is sub 7 and then I ease off and run at whatever I feel comfortable with. Fingers crossed.

I have a week off the training plan next week due to a music festival; I do feel like I need a rest.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here