Page 1165 of 1174 FirstFirst ... 1656651065111511551162116311641165116611671168 ... LastLast
Results 11,641 to 11,650 of 11734

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Banana View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did I? Nice one. Sorry I didnae spot you, would've said ello

Were you pacing 22? I was unofficially, far less competently pacing 21:30
    No worries, I think you came past on lap two down by the train. I would've said hello, but I was blowing a bit, even by then! I was pacing 22 – and the splits are actually pretty accurate, particularly surprising given that the first half a km was ahead of the 21min pacer! I think I've more sedate pacing job on Sunday at Preston Park aread of jumping on the 80 minute train at Bright10 the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Elephant View Post
    I'll be doing the Bright10 if one of the numerous people I know pull up with any sort of injury, otherwise I won't be involved.

My laps of The Level at lunch were something close to catastrophic. I was only able to run an average of 4:10ish per KM, but it wasn't even the full KM! The laps of the level starting at the grooves for the cycle lane at each end closes to St Peters Church is 730 metres. I'm disappointed with the lack of pace but I was feeling very heavy legged from the morning cycle commute onwards really. Movement is a struggle today after saturday's double hard run session and into that wind! Last night's 10 miles probably did me no favours, starring both Snakey Hill and that part of Old Shoreham Road from the viaduct up to Bhasvic.
    Oof, yeah, those two hills would probably do it. That's probably why I do my long runs AFTER speed sessions, otherwise, it's just never gonna go to plan for me!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

The Designated Survivor Ninja Elephant's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bobkin View Post
      Oof, yeah, those two hills would probably do it. That's probably why I do my long runs AFTER speed sessions, otherwise, it's just never gonna go to plan for me!
      In a way though, I think I'll gain a lot out of smashing the pace session on already knackered legs. Tomorrow is a 20 minute cross trainer/exercise bike session and then wednesday is just a pleasant 45 minute steady jog before thursday's hill session.

Saturday is meant to be 3 x 10mins hard with a 3 minute break so it looks like being a slow parkrun time for me!
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bobkin View Post
      Got the parkrun pacing bang on this week and got the infamous Lucy a sub-22 time. Knocky well back but @Mr Banana took the NSC Hove Park honours, I think. Followed it up yesterday with a pre-Beachy Head 14.3-mile jaunt up hills and over the SDW.

Talking of races who's at Bright10 on Sunday?
      Iím in for Sunday, looking forward to it and hopefully conditions are good for a fast time. Would love to go sub 65 but I think Iíll be in and around 66 based on recent form.

10 miles is probably my favourite distance so tempted to give the new Bognor Regis 10 miler a go 3 weeks later

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bob! View Post
      Planning to do Swansea Bay parkrun on November 4th.
      Will anyone else be joining me?
      Might join you.. if I can get a ticket off my old man I'll combine it.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by big nuts View Post
      I’m in for Sunday, looking forward to it and hopefully conditions are good for a fast time. Would love to go sub 65 but I think I’ll be in and around 66 based on recent form.

10 miles is probably my favourite distance so tempted to give the new Bognor Regis 10 miler a go 3 weeks later
      Good luck bud. I'm running Sunday.

1 Not allowed!
      I had come to the conclusion that it might be a bit tight to do Bright10 and then get to The Amex in time. That’s why I’ve booked the Great South Run the following Sunday instead. But hearing how many people on here are doing it has got me interested again. I take it there are still places? Can you pay on the day?

As for Parkrun, it was a 21:42 for me at Preston Park on Saturday. I’ve done Worthing, Hove Prom, Hove Park and Preston Park in the last four weeks and met my aim of putting a sub-22 time on the board at each of them so I’m tempted to get back to Worthing this week for an overall PB attempt. I’m hoping my new plan of two long midweek runs rather than three mid-distances ones might make me feel a bit fresher by the time Saturday comes.
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Complete Badger View Post
      I had come to the conclusion that it might be a bit tight to do Bright10 and then get to The Amex in time. That’s why I’ve booked the Great South Run the following Sunday instead. But hearing how many people on here are doing it has got me interested again. I take it there are still places? Can you pay on the day?

As for Parkrun, it was a 21:42 for me at Preston Park on Saturday. I’ve done Worthing, Hove Prom, Hove Park and Preston Park in the last four weeks and met my aim of putting a sub-22 time on the board at each of them so I’m tempted to get back to Worthing this week for an overall PB attempt. I’m hoping my new plan of two long midweek runs rather than three mid-distances ones might make me feel a bit fresher by the time Saturday comes.
      Looks like I'll be the only NSC runner at your Bevendean Challenge on 21st October, along with that EDF bloke who can't dance. No problem there. I've had 3 weeks good build up so far and the hill running will be be beneficial to my sub 21 Parkrun attempt in early November and also great cardio work for my long awaited Annapurna trek.

A tip for smashing pbs is to not mix attempts around longer races, set a date you train towards, be psyched up with adrenaline flowing on the day, boast on here first and hope for ideal weather. Simple, 4 weeks and sub 21 here I come!
      Members

1 Not allowed!

9am start so I am hoping to get to Swan for a pre game beer for midday, with a 1.30pm kick off. A bit tight but should be ok. It will make me run faster and sadly rush off straight after once I have collected my bag with a change of clothes and jump on a bus to Falmer. I have a tooth abscess at the moment, antibiotics day 5 today so am hoping the pain will go and I will be ok to run. Got root canal treatment the day after. More scared of that than planning for 3 marathons in 6 weeks! Eeeeeekkkkkkk
      Mark R
      England Away For all my England match reports and quite a few pictures!!

1 Not allowed!

Not sure you can pay on the day, but I know of a few people who've had refunds, so I know that places are still available.

Quote Originally Posted by knocky1 View Post
      Looks like I'll be the only NSC runner at your Bevendean Challenge on 21st October, along with that EDF bloke who can't dance. No problem there. I've had 3 weeks good build up so far and the hill running will be be beneficial to my sub 21 Parkrun attempt in early November and also great cardio work for my long awaited Annapurna trek.

A tip for smashing pbs is to not mix attempts around longer races, set a date you train towards, be psyched up with adrenaline flowing on the day, boast on here first and hope for ideal weather. Simple, 4 weeks and sub 21 here I come!
      I'm up for the 21st at Bev.
      The Designated Survivor Ninja Elephant's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      I'm tempted to race Bevendean this week (14th) to set the standard, and forgo the session I've got planned. I think that 19/20 minutes on a tough course will have the same if not better impact, right?!