Page 1157 of 1215 FirstFirst ... 157657105711071147115411551156115711581159116011671207 ... LastLast
Results 11,561 to 11,570 of 12143

0 Not allowed!
    If going off way too fast for the first 1k and then hanging in there for 4k suits your running style, then I'm the pacer for you!

Happy to help.

Did I miss a start date being announced for lancing pr?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Left Back; 01-10-2017 at 09:07.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Garry Nelson's teacher View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Hope this goes ahead. It's a bit confusing (and I'm probably going to add to it) because there's already an organised 5K weekly run at Lancing on Sundays. This isn't run under the auspices of parkrun but looks something similar - i.e. a volunteer based, free local run but takes place within a national framework (Great Local Run). It looks very low-key and very worthy.. Maybe the parkrun will use the same route.

http://www.greatrunlocal.org/events/...ex)/lancing-5k
      That's interesting. I suppose it at least shows a 5k is workable. That Great Run Local event only gets 7-9 runners each week. So it won't be a great loss (presuming parkrun can get over 100 or so runners).
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by knocky1 View Post
      Repeating yourself is a true sign of being an old git.
      That's absolute bollocks. Coincidence: ran along prom through Lancing today. Horrible conditions and managed a very slow 6 miles.

That's absolute bollocks. Coincidence: ran along prom through Lancing today. Horrible conditions and managed a very slow 6 miles
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Managed 8 miles to Dyke return without stopping. Picked up some cider en route for second half refreshments..
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Left Back View Post
      If going off way too fast for the first 1k and then hanging in there for 4k suits your running style, then I'm the pacer for you!

Happy to help.

Did I miss a start date being announced for lancing pr?

Maybe I should pace you.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      11 miles today with a loop from Patcham up mill hill into hangleton and portslade before hitting the seafront and heading towards Brighton and home.

Pretty heavy legged today and hamstrings felt worst for some time.

My Garmin does me no favours had to run a 6:50 final mile to average 7:30 so pushed myself to a 6:44 but it's utterly ridiculous that I risk injury for little gain with these runs!

Sports massage and foam roller now.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by big nuts View Post
      11 miles today with a loop from Patcham up mill hill into hangleton and portslade before hitting the seafront and heading towards Brighton and home.

Pretty heavy legged today and hamstrings felt worst for some time.

My Garmin does me no favours had to run a 6:50 final mile to average 7:30 so pushed myself to a 6:44 but it's utterly ridiculous that I risk injury for little gain with these runs!

Sports massage and foam roller now.
      Advantage of a Garmin. 4 miles slog up hill for me at 11-12 minutes per mile pace. 4 miles downhill home with a mindset to make average pace 10 minute miles. Need 8-8:30 to get it. Legs knackered from the uphill but over 10 minute miles average is not on. You have to keep going. I got 9:59 average pace at the end and won. Never found running downhill so difficult.

As an aside I think you need to run off pace in training to help those poor hamstrings. 7:45 to 8:00 maybe.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by knocky1 View Post
      Maybe I should pace you.
      you might be right.

I know, you set the pace out, I'll set the pace back. Could be the perfect combo?

Members

0 Not allowed!
      If anyone is as pedantic as me on pace this will help set the correct pace for your target race time.
      https://www.runnersworld.com/rt-trai...es-pace-charts

So on the 11th November at Worthing I'll run for a 21:00 finish. I'll set off at target pace of 6:45 and hope to be able to push a few seconds of the last mile. Job done for the year and off for the 6 week Annapurna trek on the Monday.

0 Not allowed!
      London marathon ballot result magazines have started dropping through letterboxes this morning...