Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Who’s in for the Arena 80 10k this Sunday? Always a fave distance amongst the NSC running fraternity.

I’m presuming no pubs are open after with the exception of the Cliftonville?!

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Who’s in for the Arena 80 10k this Sunday? Always a fave distance amongst the NSC running fraternity.

Fave distance ? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

No.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I shall be there - I'm aiming at a parkrun SB on 17th November, but Sunday will be an opportunity to see where I am after two weeks of training. Saturday I intend to be pacing 20 minutes around Preston Park (I am tempted to register as a pacer because I think it might give me the push to make sure I'm there) for a couple of people. I don't plan to go any quicker than that and try to keep plenty in the tank to try to get some revenge over [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION]!

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Good track session at Withdean tonight after nearly 2 bottles of wine yesterday. 300m, 30sec rest,400m, 30 sec rest,500m,30 sec rest, 400m. Three reps with 3 mins rest between each rep. Looks great on Strava. 3.17 miles in 17:57 at 5:39 mile pace. Best session since 1996. Beginning to feel less f***** after the sessions now.

I'll be giving it up for a few weeks now. Drinking, that is, not running........

Can I respectfully suggest that you resume drinking (say 15 pints of Guinness) on the night before your attempt to do your PB attempt parkrun?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I shall be there - I'm aiming at a parkrun SB on 17th November, but Sunday will be an opportunity to see where I am after two weeks of training. Saturday I intend to be pacing 20 minutes around Preston Park (I am tempted to register as a pacer because I think it might give me the push to make sure I'm there) for a couple of people. I don't plan to go any quicker than that and try to keep plenty in the tank to try to get some revenge over [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION]!

You should register. Could help a few runners. How do you plan to run each mile? I'll be analysing on Strava.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

:lol:

Running a 10k race on tarmac? Forget. That.

I went out for a nice sedate 5.2 miles this morning with the intention of negative splits and I smashed it/them. Bit of prep for a fast(er than recently) parkrun on Saturday...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
You should register. Could help a few runners. How do you plan to run each mile? I'll be analysing on Strava.

I'll be going for 5 x 4 minute KMs, I think the course is even enough to run at such an even pace, and then get a kick up the final hill with a little bit of additional pace on the flat run toward it. I can't guarantee I'll show up so I'm reluctant to offer to pace but if I make it on time on the day, I'll make a formal offer.

£40. I just can't bring myself to pay it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'll be going for 5 x 4 minute KMs, I think the course is even enough to run at such an even pace, and then get a kick up the final hill with a little bit of additional pace on the flat run toward it. I can't guarantee I'll show up so I'm reluctant to offer to pace but if I make it on time on the day, I'll make a formal offer.

£40. I just can't bring myself to pay it.

All proceeds to AITC.........................STE putting it on for nothing. Much better value than any 10k as well............

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Having started running before decimilisation that would be 6 mins 27.1 seconds in my language. If you turn up I will be interested in your consistency on Strava. See you on Sunday.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Got bullied on the seafront this evening. Out for a 4 and a half mile 8 to 8:30 progressive steady run. Turning at Duke's Mound the wind pushed my pace up to 8:10 and I soon caught up with a runner doing about 8;30. As I went by they upped it to 8:00, I followed suit, they upped it again and I followed on the shoulder, the pace got up to 7:00 before settling to 7:14. After a mile they still dominated the pace but at which point they swung round and returned from whence they came. Phew..

A woman of my age too! Think I got out knockied by a Phoenix or Brighton & Hove athlete. Good fun.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Got bullied on the seafront this evening. Out for a 4 and a half mile 8 to 8:30 progressive steady run. Turning at Duke's Mound the wind pushed my pace up to 8:10 and I soon caught up with a runner doing about 8;30. As I went by they upped it to 8:00, I followed suit, they upped it again and I followed on the shoulder, the pace got up to 7:00 before settling to 7:14. After a mile they still dominated the pace but at which point they swung round and returned from whence they came. Phew..

A woman of my age too! Think I got out knockied by a Phoenix or Brighton & Hove athlete. Good fun.

You got ‘chicked’ [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
You got ‘chicked’ [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Excellent word. The Urban Dictionary states it originates from the Ultra running community. Something I'm used to these days but Not with random older women.

Anyone doing Great South Run on Sunday?

Rules me out of going to Newcastle Saturday.

Wear something Brighton related for Porstsmouth. Good luck.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Excellent word. The Urban Dictionary states it originates from the Ultra running community. Something I'm used to these days but Not with random older women.

Wear something Brighton related for Porstsmouth. Good luck.

It does..........happens all the time to some of us !

Might give the Toon parkrun a bash in the blue and white stripes tomorrow........

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Would that be Town Moor Parkrun in Newcastle? Did it a couple of years ago when played them in the Championship.
Nice flat course but I think it gets windy.
Nice cafe on the lake for breakfast after. Very close to Wylam Brewery too.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Would that be Town Moor Parkrun in Newcastle? Did it a couple of years ago when played them in the Championship.
Nice flat course but I think it gets windy.
Nice cafe on the lake for breakfast after. Very close to Wylam Brewery too.

Yup that’s the one - not run it before so looking forward to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here