Page 1468 of 1529 FirstFirst ... 468968136814181458146514661467146814691470147114781518 ... LastLast
Results 14,671 to 14,680 of 15287
    Members

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Simgull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can’t hang around as whisking Simgull jr off for school trip to China afterwards.

we used to go to Burwash
    never forget what Stanley, Archer and Bellotti did

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Chrissy Hughton Fanboy Guinness Boy's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simgull View Post
      Probably up for HP or Prom. Can’t hang around as whisking Simgull jr off for school trip to China afterwards.

Legs still heavy from last weekend so will be a fairly gentle effort I think.
      I forgot about that. Beats the Isle of White or the Science Museum. Kids today eh? Hope he has a great time.
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.

1 Not allowed!
      Defintely the prom for me this morning. Granola has already been consumed.

Members

1 Not allowed!
      No parkrun for me today - freak accident at Victoria station the other night involving a bike tripping me up and sending me crashing to the ground resulting in a badly bruised knee! Trying to find a way to blame Southern.

0 Not allowed!
      Anyone got any tips for recovering from shin splints? Ran through them for a few months (not recommended I know) but after my last 10k three weeks ago I decided to give my body a rest for a month as I have a half marathon in October and don't want to start my training with any niggling injuries. 3 weeks into my month off and the inside of my shin bone is still tender if I rub it and any sort of light jog and I feel it straight away. I have also been suffering with plantar fasciitis for a couple of months which has been improved by wearing a compression sock but I can still feel it every morning.

Is the solution just more rest or are there other options out there?
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sjamesb3466 View Post
      Anyone got any tips for recovering from shin splints? Ran through them for a few months (not recommended I know) but after my last 10k three weeks ago I decided to give my body a rest for a month as I have a half marathon in October and don't want to start my training with any niggling injuries. 3 weeks into my month off and the inside of my shin bone is still tender if I rub it and any sort of light jog and I feel it straight away. I have also been suffering with plantar fasciitis for a couple of months which has been improved by wearing a compression sock but I can still feel it every morning.

Is the solution just more rest or are there other options out there?
      Rub fingers up muscle next to the shin bone. Squeezing the muscle up towards knee. Excruciatingly painful but should get rid off it. I'd get the plantar fasciitis looked at though.Usually only gets worse.

Few weeks off for me after pulling up half way through Prom Parkrun. The gastrocnemius in calf needs more time unfortunately. Walked to finish to grab another Parkrun. Swimming and cycling it is from now. Hope I don't have to walk the 5K leg of the Bewl Sprint Tri in 3 weeks time...........

3 Not allowed!
      24:20 ish for me today but run as negative splits and with saving a bit for a 10 min mile LSR tomorrow. Very happy with my discipline and nice to get out in lovely weather and see @big nuts and @knocky1

Punxsatawney Phil Curious Orange's Avatar

4 Not allowed!
      No parkrun for me today, as I happily watched from the sidelines with the littlest as Junior Orange completed his first full parkrun - watching him wipe the floor with the lovely Mrs Orange in a sprint finish was a sight to behold!
      Members

3 Not allowed!
      18:51 official time which is around what I expected bearing in mind I raced last Saturday, Wednesday & played football Thursday.

I’ll drop the pace significantly for my long run tomorrow and try and rest up for the Trailblazer a week tomorrow.

5 Not allowed!
      Worthing PR today; 24:32 -decided to take it easy and enjoyed the sun as I'm just coming back.
      It was my 50th PR. (Not bad in 18 months).

What was a bigger milestone was that Mrs LB completed her first PR - she'd always previously stated (often in colourful language) that I'd never get her to do one.