Page 983 of 988 FirstFirst ... 483883933973980981982983984985986 ... LastLast
Results 9,821 to 9,830 of 9876
    Members

3 Not allowed!
    Perhaps the Albion Inn should be renamed the Albion Upp.
    Lewes 10K for me on Easter Monday. 46.40 on a cross country course. Quite a big field (it starts and finishes on the athletics track and there's always a big club turnout) so lots of weaving around folk for the first 2 miles on narrow tracks. An enjoyable event if no way a PB course - part of the West Sussex Fun Run League. (Google 'Sussex Races' for the complete listing; all these events carry the added bonus of being cheap as chips.)
    And for anyone looking for a quick 5k get along to Worthing prom this evening for the Worthing Rowing Club event (again details found under Sussex Races). The course is basically the same as the Worthing parkrun but manages to be shorter, I'm sure.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Chrissy Hughton Fanboy Guinness Boy's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Starting to get back in to it now. Managed 8 miles on the morning of the promotion match and a 3 mile recovery run this morning followed by an aqua therapy session*

The only issue is this bloody celebrating. I'm putting the calories back on as quickly as I'm losing them

*swimming with the kids
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Guinness Boy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Starting to get back in to it now. Managed 8 miles on the morning of the promotion match and a 3 mile recovery run this morning followed by an aqua therapy session*

The only issue is this bloody celebrating. I'm putting the calories back on as quickly as I'm losing them

*swimming with the kids
      Take the long-term view, GB. You've got a year to be in peak physical condition to catch the 3:45 from Preston Park. I've geared myself up for not getting a sub-4 in London on Sunday so I'm just going to enjoy it and try and run all of it. Then I'll focus a bit more on chipping away at those minutes with a (hopefully) fully flexible leg

0 Not allowed!
      Hi. Novice boy here again.

So I've started early in my attempt to run next years Brighton half. All previous running experience has seemingly gone and I'm back to square one.

Have gone out on 3 separate 5k runs in the last 8 days. I've had to stop on all 3 once at around 2 miles. Luckily breathing has never been the reason, but almost INSTANT tiredness in my calf muscles when I start.

By run 3 I was REALLY stretching and preparing and felt good....and then within 5 minutes the leg fatigue was there. I've always played football but I know my legs are weak. Would it be a simple case of simply rectifying this by continuing to run or would gym strengthening be recommended? It's quite annoying really as my fear (as an asthmatic) is that chest tiredness would be my downfall, not weak leg muscles!
      Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Grimble View Post
      I reckon you are one of the most predictable users on this board
      Chrissy Hughton Fanboy Guinness Boy's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bobkin View Post
      Take the long-term view, GB. You've got a year to be in peak physical condition to catch the 3:45 from Preston Park. I've geared myself up for not getting a sub-4 in London on Sunday so I'm just going to enjoy it and try and run all of it. Then I'll focus a bit more on chipping away at those minutes with a (hopefully) fully flexible leg
      Cheers - and best of luck in London, enjoy it.
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.
      Punxsatawney Phil Curious Orange's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by mejonaNO12 aka riskit View Post
      By run 3 I was REALLY stretching and preparing and felt good....and then within 5 minutes the leg fatigue was there. I've always played football but I know my legs are weak. Would it be a simple case of simply rectifying this by continuing to run or would gym strengthening be recommended? It's quite annoying really as my fear (as an asthmatic) is that chest tiredness would be my downfall, not weak leg muscles!
      If you want to strengthen your legs then hill repeats are your friend.
      When Steve McQueen met The Blob, he tried to kill it. It probably never crossed his mind to try and take it out to a restaurant.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      I cannot make this as will be coming back from Norwich on Saturday morning, but may interest one or two on here

Hove Promenade parkrun
      1 hr

This weekend on the Prom,we are celebrating the fantastic achievements of the Albion in gaining promotion (and possibly winning the Championship!) by inviting you to done your blue and white hats, scarves, footy shirts, shorts....whatever you wish! (Do remember we're a family event!) It's an amazing achievement by our local team so feel free to get involved should you wish!

Maybe get some friends to come along too - what an intro to parkrun! They can register here (just add Hove Promenade as your home event) - http://www.parkrun.org.uk/register/form/

We're still in need of some key roles so some more volunteers are needed! Get in touch if you can help! Hovepromenadehelpers@parkrun.c om
      Mark R
      England Away For all my England match reports and quite a few pictures!!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by mejonaNO12 aka riskit View Post
      Hi. Novice boy here again.

So I've started early in my attempt to run next years Brighton half. All previous running experience has seemingly gone and I'm back to square one.

Have gone out on 3 separate 5k runs in the last 8 days. I've had to stop on all 3 once at around 2 miles. Luckily breathing has never been the reason, but almost INSTANT tiredness in my calf muscles when I start.

Quote Originally Posted by Curious Orange View Post
      If you want to strengthen your legs then hill repeats are your friend.
      I'd go along with hill repeats but at this early stage in the training plan you could start by walking up and jogging down. I'd take it really easy as downhill running on unaccustomed/weak legs can do a lot of damage.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr Blobby View Post
      I cannot make this as will be coming back from Norwich on Saturday morning, but may interest one or two on here

Hove Promenade parkrun
      1 hr

This weekend on the Prom,we are celebrating the fantastic achievements of the Albion in gaining promotion (and possibly winning the Championship!) by inviting you to done your blue and white hats, scarves, footy shirts, shorts....whatever you wish! (Do remember we're a family event!) It's an amazing achievement by our local team so feel free to get involved should you wish!

Maybe get some friends to come along too - what an intro to parkrun! They can register here (just add Hove Promenade as your home event) - http://www.parkrun.org.uk/register/form/

We're still in need of some key roles so some more volunteers are needed! Get in touch if you can help! Hovepromenadehelpers@parkrun.c om
      Brilliant look forward to the pics. I'll also be in Norwich. Was doing their Parkrun but, although Mrs K is perfectly happy to be alone Friday evening in Norwich campsite, leaving for a Parkrun in the morning would be pushing it. So a days walking Saturday on the north Norfolk Coast hopefully as Champions!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Garry Nelson's teacher View Post
      Perhaps the Albion Inn should be renamed the Albion Upp.
      Lewes 10K for me on Easter Monday. 46.40 on a cross country course. Quite a big field (it starts and finishes on the athletics track and there's always a big club turnout) so lots of weaving around folk for the first 2 miles on narrow tracks. An enjoyable event if no way a PB course - part of the West Sussex Fun Run League. (Google 'Sussex Races' for the complete listing; all these events carry the added bonus of being cheap as chips.)
      And for anyone looking for a quick 5k get along to Worthing prom this evening for the Worthing Rowing Club event (again details found under Sussex Races). The course is basically the same as the Worthing parkrun but manages to be shorter, I'm sure.
      I ran this too and it will become a fixture in my running calendar as I absolutely loved it. Very scenic and not too hilly for a cross country. Hard to overtake at times but I wasn't particularly chasing a time after the BM10k last week.

Really enjoyed the last 300 metres being on the track and came home in 40:46 which I was fairly pleased with.

Contemplating the East Grinstead 10 on the morning of the Bristol City game next.