Page 1467 of 1536 FirstFirst ... 467967136714171457146414651466146714681469147014771517 ... LastLast
Results 14,661 to 14,670 of 15351

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Curious Orange View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is 'COLLAPSE' what you did at the end? I know it's what I did at the end of my own 45 minute 10k today... in the kids new paddling pool, which I've discovered is big enough for me to lie down in!

Ha ha, there WAS a water-based element at the end of my run, but it was 1,500m in the local pool, as opposed to chilling in the paddling pool!

I actually felt OK after the run. I wasn't pushing it 100%, but just trying to keep the pace up (or down), to give myself the best shot at sub-8min/miles.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Chrissy Hughton Fanboy Guinness Boy's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Where's everyone parkrunning this weekend? With the World Cup done I quite fancy a detox and throwing a few fast 5ks in to my training.

Also, is it weird to actually train to win the parents' race at sports day or is that the sort of competitive edge we admire? The bonkers woman next door appears to have done just that.
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Guinness Boy View Post
      Where's everyone parkrunning this weekend? With the World Cup done I quite fancy a detox and throwing a few fast 5ks in to my training.

Also, is it weird to actually train to win the parents' race at sports day or is that the sort of competitive edge we admire? The bonkers woman next door appears to have done just that.
      A friend trained hard, for him, in the mid 90's to try and win the Cottesmore Father's race. He claims the winner jumped the gun. Mr Gerry Armstrong.......

I'm a doubtful for Parkrun. Inner thigh and calf playing up on left leg. Swimming, cycling and walking no problem. May recover in time to join up at an arranged meet.
      Members

3 Not allowed!

I’m definitely park running this week but will make a decision on where based on the weather. No wind the prom, windy could be between bevendean, Hove Park & Preston Park.

Ran the Phoenix last night 360+ runners ran from the 700 entries. They had a projector in the tent with the match so I missed around 25 minutes. Good atmosphere and I ran ok. 39:45 was expecting sub 39:30 but gave myself too much to do running the first 5k in 20:02.

The 8mph westerly was just enough to slow you down but you could barely feel it coming home.
      Chrissy Hughton Fanboy Guinness Boy's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by big nuts View Post
      I’m definitely park running this week but will make a decision on where based on the weather. No wind the prom, windy could be between bevendean, Hove Park & Preston Park.

Ran the Phoenix last night 360+ runners ran from the 700 entries. They had a projector in the tent with the match so I missed around 25 minutes. Good atmosphere and I ran ok. 39:45 was expecting sub 39:30 but gave myself too much to do running the first 5k in 20:02.

The 8mph westerly was just enough to slow you down but you could barely feel it coming home.
      Well done for still running. I've not tried the Prom yet. Quite fancy it but I won't be on SB form after way too much beer and BBQ over the last month. Met Office says 3mph ESE for Saturday morning.
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Well done for still running. I've not tried the Prom yet. Quite fancy it but I won't be on SB form after way too much beer and BBQ over the last month. Met Office says 3mph ESE for Saturday morning.
      If that’s the case I’ll be running the prom. I just hope racing last night and last Saturday at park run haven’t taken too much out of me.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Probably up for HP or Prom. Can’t hang around as whisking Simgull jr off for school trip to China afterwards.

Legs still heavy from last weekend so will be a fairly gentle effort I think.

0 Not allowed!
      Playing golf this Sat but will be back on the parkrun circuit soon hopefully, aiming to break about 30 mins I’d think
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

0 Not allowed!

Off to Goodwood FoS Saturday, so no parkrun. They don't really fit into the Ironman training schedule anyway, unless I finished the long bike ride with one. But that would be starting a cycle at about 3.30am!

I'll try and get back to one soon, somehow...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!
      Also, Jnr Bobkin is in the process of moving football teams. New training time? Yep, 9am Saturday

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk