Page 1464 of 1469 FirstFirst ... 4649641364141414541461146214631464146514661467 ... LastLast
Results 14,631 to 14,640 of 14688
    Members

1 Not allowed!
    With Christmas getting ever closer I've booked in for NSC's festive run of choice the Mince Pie 10.

Link here

https://www.runnersworld.co.uk/event...-pie-10-mile-1

Most of you will know how good this is already, but for anyone who fancies a challenging off-road 10 mile this is a great course and event.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by knocky1 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      You should enjoy the football, get pissed and be happy you can run again. Without knowing more about you or your injury I can't give more advice.

Enjoy your return to running.
      Right, so thatís the sensible advice...... can I ask someone for a second opinion !
      never forget what Stanley, Archer and Bellotti did

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by timbha View Post
      Right, so that’s the sensible advice...... can I ask someone for a second opinion !
      Never question @knocky1 in this thread! The man is the oracle.

Ultimately - if you want to pile into over training, carry on. Rush back, hurt yourself and miss more time if you like - but if you're thinking longer term, you should consider being prepared to go slow to get back in the game. We all should heed the good advice, but there's no shame in ignoring wisdom in favour of doing what you want to do, but be wary.

Tonight, I ran 5x1/5th mile sprints up Snakey Hill which was painful! I intended to then run a full rep of Snakey Hill to the top but I couldn't handle it. I ran from the start of the grass verge up a fifth of a mile and then walked back down to start again. I did 20 sit ups after the first rep, 20 cyclies after the second, heel touches after the third, 20 push ups after the fourth and 20 lunges after the 5th. I feel particularly crackered now.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by knocky1 View Post
      That's put you in your place.
      Yeah but.....ok I agree!!
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Elephant View Post
      Never question @knocky1 in this thread! The man is the oracle.

Ultimately - if you want to pile into over training, carry on. Rush back, hurt yourself and miss more time if you like - but if you're thinking longer term, you should consider being prepared to go slow to get back in the game. We all should heed the good advice, but there's no shame in ignoring wisdom in favour of doing what you want to do,.
      Thanks guys, 2 NSC running legends no less. Yes, but....... ok I’ll heed knocky’s advice and enjoy a gentle run to the pub.....
      But I’m so miserable without the escape of feeling totally exhausted mid way through a run!!
      never forget what Stanley, Archer and Bellotti did
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      [QUOTE=big nuts;8514027]With Christmas getting ever closer I've booked in for NSC's festive run of choice the Mince Pie 10.

Link here

https://www.runnersworld.co.uk/event...-pie-10-mile-1

Most of you will know how good this is already, but for anyone who fancies a challenging off-road 10 mile this is a great course and event.[/QUOTE
      Yes do sign up to our race, I'll be marshalling up on the Tye. We have a new medal this year, hopefully it won't be full on category storm weather either

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      I havenít but itís on my radar. Iíll be interested to hear about how you get on. Good luck.
      I'll keep you posted! It seems like a $1k US charity fundraiser gets entry, but still trying to work it all out...

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BiffyBoy View Post
      I'll keep you posted! It seems like a $1k US charity fundraiser gets entry, but still trying to work it all out...
      Thanks. I did some preliminary research a while back but didn’t look at charity entry. My findings were that guaranteed entry was, for me, prohibitive as the qualifying time was 02:50 and travel packages were crazily expensive at around 3k.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

1 Not allowed!
      Great weekend running NSCers. Half marathon to Worthing and back on Friday night and 2.75km in the sea Sunday morning. Quite a productive 12 hours, purely because the rest of the weekend was jam-packed. No time for the bike ride, which I hopefully won't come to regret...

So bloody hot for training!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by timbha View Post
      Thanks guys, 2 NSC running legends no less. Yes, but....... ok I’ll heed knocky’s advice and enjoy a gentle run to the pub.....
      But I’m so miserable without the escape of feeling totally exhausted mid way through a run!!
      I would always ask Jesus, God rest his soul, on how to get back after injury. Ask the physio. You're paying him enough!

Demand a third opinion on here.
      Continue the cycling as cross training. Last Friday's cycling hill intervals mashed my legs up nicely for Hove Parkrun. The steady incline became a mountain.

Good luck with the return just be patient for a week or so and build up steadily from there.