Page 1461 of 1536 FirstFirst ... 461961136114111451145814591460146114621463146414711511 ... LastLast
Results 14,601 to 14,610 of 15351
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks. I’ll drop them a line and see what they say.

And yes it’s going well at the moment; I’ve never ran this fast before. Tomorrow I hit the 20 mile mark with this plan; first 16 miles is sub 7 and then I ease off and run at whatever I feel comfortable with. Fingers crossed.

I have a week off the training plan next week due to a music festival; I do feel like I need a rest.
    We'll put this in the table at a future date if you do not better it. I think you may have taken my Age Grade silver place. Week off sounds a great idea and should make you stronger. ******!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by knocky1 View Post
      We'll put this in the table at a future date if you do not better it. I think you may have taken my Age Grade silver place. Week off sounds a great idea and should make you stronger. ******!
      Thanks. Very kind. It was frustrating but looking on the positive side matching or bettering gives me something to aim for.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Ended up cycling out to Peacehaven with @Ninja Elephant. What a great course, really enjoyed it. Incredibly hot but really pleased with my run and feel the 19:08 there is probably worth 18:40ish on the flat.

Just Bevendean to do to complete the Brighton & Hove set.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by big nuts View Post
      Ended up cycling out to Peacehaven with @Ninja Elephant. What a great course, really enjoyed it. Incredibly hot but really pleased with my run and feel the 19:08 there is probably worth 18:40ish on the flat.

Just Bevendean to do to complete the Brighton & Hove set.
      I take it you 'won' from your bashful post..that's what Parkrun is all about.
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      I take it you 'won' from your bashful post..that's what Parkrun is all about.
      Yes made it 2 apiece in terms of head to heads which was pleasing. That being said if we were to have a cycling race I'd be in all kinds of trouble.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Yes made it 2 apiece in terms of head to heads which was pleasing. That being said if we were to have a cycling race I'd be in all kinds of trouble.
      He is a strong triathlete for sure.
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      He is a strong triathlete for sure.
      Even if he had to wear arm bands he’d more than hold his own!

Looks like part 5 of this ongoing battle will be the Phoenix. We have both said we’re committed. We will watch the last half hour in the Brunswick
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Even if he had to wear arm bands he’d more than hold his own!

Looks like part 5 of this ongoing battle will be the Phoenix. We have both said we’re committed. We will watch the last half hour in the Brunswick
      Seriously? You'll get the whole second half plus what's needed. I may pop along to meet the committed two in the pub.
      Head in the clouds Ninja Elephant's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      @big nuts deserved the victory today, he was a menace from the off and my usual tactic of trying to leave him behind and then hold on wasn't the one today. I wasn't in prime condition to race the big fella but I would have taken the win had it come, so I graciously accept the defeat! 2nd and 3rd in the standings respectively in the sweltering heat!

Bring on the Phoenix!

I actually averaged 17mph on the cycle to the event, 11.5miles. I paid the price this afternoon, I attacked Wilson Avenue en route to Bevendean afterwards and then I had a section of Southover Street and Sussex Road (the hardest road to cycle, in my opinion!). 29.5 miles on the bike in total today. My swimming has fallen away a little bit but I do intend to get back into the swing of things at some point soon. I will tackle a triathlon, but not until 2019 at the earliest because I need to get my swimming up to standard.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Elephant View Post
      @big nuts deserved the victory today, he was a menace from the off and my usual tactic of trying to leave him behind and then hold on wasn't the one today. I wasn't in prime condition to race the big fella but I would have taken the win had it come, so I graciously accept the defeat! 2nd and 3rd in the standings respectively in the sweltering heat!

Bring on the Phoenix!

I actually averaged 17mph on the cycle to the event, 11.5miles. I paid the price this afternoon, I attacked Wilson Avenue en route to Bevendean afterwards and then I had a section of Southover Street and Sussex Road (the hardest road to cycle, in my opinion!). 29.5 miles on the bike in total today. My swimming has fallen away a little bit but I do intend to get back into the swing of things at some point soon. I will tackle a triathlon, but not until 2019 at the earliest because I need to get my swimming up to standard.
      Fantastic scenes. Great battling from both of you.