Page 1456 of 1469 FirstFirst ... 45695613561406144614531454145514561457145814591466 ... LastLast
Results 14,551 to 14,560 of 14688
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Lie in for me - only out at 8am for 10 hot miles along the sea front. Looked like @ben Elton’s brother was only starting out at 10!

Lots of hot, blistered over night walkers from London on the sea front.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Swerved running for most of this week and again today. Way too hot and enjoy my Sunday lie in's too much to get out like many of the dawn chorus runners on here. I did manage Eastbourne park run yesterday where 21:01 was enough for 13th. About 50 down in numbers so either the school holiday holidays have started or lots didn't fancy the heat. 3 miles for the week have made my ankles happy.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      7:15 start to run the best part of 10 miles. I had to get back for 8:30 as the wife was running race for life at 10am.

Decided to volunteer at Park Run yesterday rather then run. Played football Friday night and knew I had a 5 aside tournament that afternoon 12:30-4pm in the blazing heat. Made a nice change and I'll be back to running it next week.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simgull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Lie in for me - only out at 8am for 10 hot miles along the sea front. Looked like @ben Elton’s brother was only starting out at 10!

Lots of hot, blistered over night walkers from London on the sea front.
      I died on my arse!! Out celebrating my anniversary last night, not the best prep and then too late getting up. Aborted my usual 7.5 mile loop and crawled home after 5.5.

Recovered from that now. July 1st means Canada Day in our household so it's off out now for beer and poutine!
      You dont need eyes to see...

...you need vision

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BenElton'sBrother View Post
      I died on my arse!! Out celebrating my anniversary last night, not the best prep and then too late getting up. Aborted my usual 7.5 mile loop and crawled home after 5.5.

Recovered from that now. July 1st means Canada Day in our household so it's off out now for beer and poutine!
      I had poutine for the first time about two months ago. It’s perfect beer food. In fact if someone asked me what I wanted to eat after 7-8 pints I would have invented poutine myself.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

1 Not allowed!
      It says something that so many of us were out yesterday when it was already hitting nearly 30° by 9am! Hence me getting up and out by 5am for a ride to Beachy Head and back, before embarking on six miles of shade-hunting on the Downslink. Was meant to be ten miles, but heat and time pressure knocked that on the head.

Yes, GNT, Tenby is a beast – I'm not doing LCW, but it sounds like a cracking weekend and gives you an idea of what to expect on the day. Two months and one week until D-Day for me. Feeling OK, but I'm just hoping that – unlike some yesterday – I won't be competing in tropical (for this country) conditions!
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bobkin View Post
      It says something that so many of us were out yesterday when it was already hitting nearly 30° by 9am! Hence me getting up and out by 5am for a ride to Beachy Head and back, before embarking on six miles of shade-hunting on the Downslink. Was meant to be ten miles, but heat and time pressure knocked that on the head.

Yes, GNT, Tenby is a beast – I'm not doing LCW, but it sounds like a cracking weekend and gives you an idea of what to expect on the day. Two months and one week until D-Day for me. Feeling OK, but I'm just hoping that – unlike some yesterday – I won't be competing in tropical (for this country) conditions!
      Indeed: you've not gone for the easy option (we are talking Ironman here, so easy is a relative term). Training sounds as though it's going well; really hope you carry this through to the Big Day. Fantastic stuff.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Garry Nelson's teacher View Post
      Indeed: you've not gone for the easy option (we are talking Ironman here, so easy is a relative term). Training sounds as though it's going well; really hope you carry this through to the Big Day. Fantastic stuff.
      Training is pretty relentless, but then it's also scary how quickly long distances become the norm – a bit like marathon training. Once you get your head around the fact you have to swim 2.7km or bike 60 miles (like I did at the weekend), having never wanted to set foot in a pool, you've just got to crack on and get it done! In reality, I'm just planning to get round in at least 16:59:59 – I've learned the hard way from putting times on myself and for something like an Ironman, there is just no point. I'm just going to enjoy the (long) day! Then it'll be back to running I think and taking it a bit easier...
      Punxsatawney Phil Curious Orange's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Garry Nelson's teacher View Post
      That's a very good time at Bognor. Well done.

As feared I had to drop out after about 7 minutes - just felt everything was about to ping. No worries.
      Thanks, it actually felt busier than the previous time I ran it, but there were actually less people there - still, I was only three seconds slower so I can't complain.

You made the right choice to drop out if you were feeling uncomfortable, it wasn't pleasant running in that heat in any case (so says the man who is planning a 10-miler shortly).
      When Steve McQueen met The Blob, he tried to kill it. It probably never crossed his mind to try and take it out to a restaurant.

The Seagull Line

Overweight, frustrated, unsuccessful