Page 1441 of 1470 FirstFirst ... 44194113411391143114381439144014411442144314441451 ... LastLast
Results 14,401 to 14,410 of 14692

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by knocky1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Super Egos team is presently Deletebeepbeepbeep, Big Nuts, Complete Badger and Mr Banana
    Then we have 6 runners Left Back, Simgull, Penny's Harmonica, Knocky, big nuts cousin, Eamon the ringer

I'll go to Hove Parkrun Saturday and look for @ben Elton's brother

We are then 1 runner short. Have I missed anyone? Any volunteers? Any suggestions?
    Sir Knock - I have three excellent runners I may be able to recruit. Any use?
    The Seagull Line

Overweight, frustrated, unsuccessful

• North Stand Chat

advertising

6 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Guinness Boy View Post

How's the injury coming along mate? Hope you're going to be back soon.
      Cheers......well, saw physio on Monday who found a ‘large slippery knot’ in my gluteus minimus (literally a pain in the arse).......what followed was one of the most painful 30 mins of my life as she ‘isolated’ it and tried to squash it.

This *might* have been at least contributing to the problem (muscle knot = everything nearby stops functioning properly = muscles trap sciatic nerve = running hurts). Ran Tues and Weds on treadmill a bit, and 5m on the road today (v slow and wheezy, lost a load of fitness) but it’s got better every day. Myofascial gluteal pain/syndrome is the technical term I think.

Seeing the evil bitch again tomorrow

On the plus side, after 3 months off I now have 8.5 toenails and none are black.
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"
      Chrissy Hughton Fanboy Guinness Boy's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
      Cheers......well, saw physio on Monday who found a ‘large slippery knot’ in my gluteus minimus (literally a pain in the arse).......what followed was one of the most painful 30 mins of my life as she ‘isolated’ it and tried to squash it.

This *might* have been at least contributing to the problem (muscle knot = everything nearby stops functioning properly = muscles trap sciatic nerve = running hurts). Ran Tues and Weds on treadmill a bit, and 5m on the road today (v slow and wheezy, lost a load of fitness) but it’s got better every day. Myofascial gluteal pain/syndrome is the technical term I think.

Seeing the evil bitch again tomorrow

On the plus side, after 3 months off I now have 8.5 toenails and none are black.
      Oh my word. good luck with THAT.

I always though not being able to run was a pain in the a***
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.
      Chrissy Hughton Fanboy Guinness Boy's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      I am plodding along having lost quite a lot of mojo post Worthing but fully intend on a 12 miler this weekend to kick off Bright10 training. I will need the full 4 months to get to fighting weight I reckon. I now, sadly, cannot make the "Pair of Badgers Invitational" parkrun on 23rd as I am told we are going to Legoland that day since "the bloody football is on again on Sunday"

I will get another parkrun or two in during July I reckon.
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simgull View Post
      @knocky1 I have an extra runner to add to the Weakest Link squad. He’s just joined our running club and is a ST holder so perfect! Not on NSC though, he has a Spanish name so I guess we will inevitably call Spanish Dave for now.
      Please add him to the list.
      Spanish Dave is in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Banana View Post
      Sir Knock - I have three excellent runners I may be able to recruit. Any use?
      Can we see where we stand Sunday? May need one, two or all of them.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Spanish Dave is in.

Can we see where we stand Sunday? May need one, two or all of them.
      Do you need my cousin? Another Albion season ticket holder. Is around the 20 minute mark for 5k's.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by big nuts View Post
      Do you need my cousin? Another Albion season ticket holder. Is around the 20 minute mark for 5k's.
      Yes. He'll be guaranteed a place. I seem to be losing control. Best thing is for everyone to confirm on Sunday and we will hope the total is divisible by 4.

Hove Prom for me tomorrow. I'm no longer equidistant from the Park and the Prom.
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      An absolutely rammed 100th birthday Worthing parkrun of around 670 today. Two special guests: Dame Kelly Holmes, who was really nice and is 'built' as they say; and a very nasty westerly wind which was less welcome. So a bog standard 21:33 for me. Loads of Arena 80 runners today including one who toped the AG with a 90%+.

The standard was thus rather frightening - 2nd AG last week in Bognor with a slower time; 27th today. But maybe the Worthing event pulled some of the speed-merchants away from the Brighton events?

1 Not allowed!
      I had a really disappointing run this morning. I woke up at 8:35, which is nothing new but is disappointing because I had basically promised to go to Worthing for their 100th. The person I promised probably didn't mind too much, she's since posted a few pictures of her running alongside Dame Kelly - but it's disappointing. I'm not sure whether it was the weather or if I'm just not 100% today, I finished my second job last night at 11:30 and it's quite active and alert so I didn't really switch off until about 1am, which is never going to help preparations but even so. I started from the back of the field and never felt settled. I ran consistent splits, but I wasn't able to get up any real speed and I couldn't compete in the final run in. Usually I'd have caught the two ladies in front of me but I couldn't find another gear and it's just generally disappointing. I'd have loved the Weakest Link this week to get this out of my system but I'll just have to hope I'll enjoy the mystery gig I'm off to instead.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Super Egos team is presently Deletebeepbeepbeep, Big Nuts, Complete Badger and Mr Banana
      Then we have 6 runners Left Back, Simgull, Penny's Harmonica, Knocky, big nuts cousin, Eamon the ringer

I'll go to Hove Parkrun Saturday and look for @ben Elton's brother

We are then 1 runner short. Have I missed anyone? Any volunteers? Any suggestions?
      Anyone above not running now is the time to say. We can add Spanish Dave, Eamon the ringer is happy to not run if need be to help the teams divide by 4. Need an update from Elton's Bro. Need to notify @Mr Banana if we need his 3 runners.

6pm Wednesday Volks Railway station near Marina. Commit now to guarantee a place in a team.