Page 902 of 1057 FirstFirst ... 4028028528928999009019029039049059129521002 ... LastLast
Results 9,011 to 9,020 of 10568
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmehh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've done 1 so far (Hove Prom). Was good - although i struggle when running in a pack to pace myself, so I found i had to walk part of it, as i went out too fast. I guess a good time to aim for is 27 minutes for now - although I probably want to take it slowly and not try and knock that off in a two week period.

I try and give myself a day off inbetween runs, although I struggle to find the time to sometimes.
    I saw from you're Twitter link you're young compared to most of the runners on here, so you're recovery should be quick. Follow Dazzer's Plan if you have time. The only way to pace yourself is through experience. Try thinking that you want to run the last 500m with some power, that will help you pace wise.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      And join a gym and work in core and leg strength both to increase speed and reduce injuries- ask a fitness instructor for a tailored programme for running. And do park run of course - Hove Park is way nicer than the prom and you'll usually find a few of us there.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simgull View Post
      And join a gym and work in core and leg strength both to increase speed and reduce injuries- ask a fitness instructor for a tailored programme for running. And do park run of course - Hove Park is way nicer than the prom and you'll usually find a few of us there.
      I'm lucky enough to have a weights bench, rowing machine, cycling machine and treadmill at home - so no need to join a gym. Working on losing extra weight and toning up - but feels like that's taking forever!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Garry Nelson's teacher View Post
      As one of the walking wounded right now (hamstrings - not tragic but annoying) it would be interesting to get an update/audit on who is crocked right now and who is anywhere near top form. My impression is that half the class is unfit for their games lesson.
      Still recovering from sprained ankle and subsequent calf strain (other leg but surely as a result of over compensating). Feeling much better after a few days off and may have to get out there and give it a go tomorrow.
      First gym session of the year yesterday - hurts today!
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by knocky1 View Post
      I cycled to Rottingdean on the top path today. It made me realise how unfit I am. Zilch stamina and zilch power for the slightest of hill. A short introductory 12 mile return. First time with the shoes clipped in for 4 years. Had to keep repeating "feet are clipped in, feet are clipped in..........." Too easy to brake to a halt and forget that. Great sunshine out there this morning and will keep at it whilst I build the running mileage up slowly.
      There are few things that indicate a painful loss of fitness better than a bike ride up a hill!

2 Not allowed!
      My body prefers to run in the late afternoon, and I've just put 6 mile into my legs in a whisker under 48 minutes. The ankle braces I've just started using aren't proving a hindrance, although my brain is sending strong 'take extra care' signals to my feet at certain points on a route.

Overtaking a cyclist going up Preston Drove was a bonus!

4 Not allowed!
      Almost 8 months out with IT Band problems and just managed a few slow plods to see where I am pre Brighton Half! So far so good but seriously having to feel my way back! It feels good to be running again!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
      Punxsatawney Phil Curious Orange's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      Woo-hoo! My scales have just informed me that I am 11 stone 13 and a half pounds, that is the first time I've been under 12 stone in weeks! It may be only a cup of tea and a biscuit away from being back over 12 stone again, but it is a little victory in the right direction and I'm taking it... along with having run the same route I ran Monday slightly quicker today, and without getting a stitch!

When Steve McQueen met The Blob, he tried to kill it. It probably never crossed his mind to try and take it out to a restaurant.

0 Not allowed!
      Managed 4 miles today. First run in a week after lingering head cold. April only 11 weeks away, time to start the marathon training
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by deletebeepbeepbeep View Post
      6 miles this morning including what Strava indicates us my best ever 1k at 4 minutes and 7 seconds

I have a broad strategy for trying to get a 3.20 marathon this year and a sub 3.05 next year, not sure if that's possible but I'm getting faster bit by bit. If I can manage 3.20 this year plan is to use the summer for speed training and improving overall levels of fitness by hitting the swimming pool hard again.
      Quote Originally Posted by penny's harmonica View Post
      Managed 4 miles today. First run in a week after lingering head cold. April only 11 weeks away, time to start the marathon training
      Looking forward to the NSC BMarathon Challenge myself. Not participating myself and would be nowhere near 3:30 even if I was, so I'll set you two up against each other for starters. Not sure who to put the money on as both on an upward graph.

Any other NSC Runners going for sub 3:30?