Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think I'm unlikely to get in, again. Too many people I know are in already! Without wanting to kick the hornets nest, is now a good time to mention the good for age disparity? 3:31 qualified a friend of mine for Boston next year, how is that reasonable? Is that good for a 27 year old female? I'm not having a go, I've only beaten that once and this is a girl who has a 3:13 in her history which is belting - but 3:31? Is that enough to qualify for Boston when a male has to run sub-3?

Look at the London GFA male/female differential........sub 3.15 for me, sub 4 if I was female.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Phew! No marathon training for ME this winter!

:O

One of my friends is gutted she got in to London. She REALLY doesn't want to train through a Canadian winter (she's from Australia).

I've officially started my training for the Phoenix Marathon in February. Although I'm doing a half marathon on the 21st, so I'm kind of tapering for that too.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So who's parkrunning where on Saturday? A quick weather check suggests very warm with a strong Southerly. Not exactly PB territory but I'm tempted to see if my 10 mile form translates in to an SB anyway. I suspect a side wind on the prom may be preferable to a warm head and tail wind at Hove Park?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I'll be at South Woodham Ferrers parkrun this weekend, away from my home run for a change.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
So who's parkrunning where on Saturday? A quick weather check suggests very warm with a strong Southerly. Not exactly PB territory but I'm tempted to see if my 10 mile form translates in to an SB anyway. I suspect a side wind on the prom may be preferable to a warm head and tail wind at Hove Park?

No-show from me, I'm afraid – Bobkin Jnr's birthday. I think you could probably guess my preference :lol:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Was going to, but if I can arrange other stuff around it I will be pacing a pal on the third 25m leg of a hundred miler.......night shift, probably starting about 10pm [emoji33][emoji33][emoji99][emoji99][emoji99]

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I am intending to parkrun in Lancing this weekend, make my official debut there. I am feeling a bit tired, I've done a few sessions already this week and I'm targeting a SB attempt, if not a PB attempt, in mid-November.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Ha ha. Looks like you are the crowd. I’ll go wherever GB goes. You’re chasing time your call.

Hove Park for me.

Mince Pie or Downland Devil is the question for me. Feeling drawn to the DD.

Hove Park I reckon it is Skip. Will be good to catch up with both of you when you've beaten me.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Hove Park for me.

Mince Pie or Downland Devil is the question for me. Feeling drawn to the DD.

Do both. I did last year and the Mince Pie seems a breeze in comparison to the Devil.

No Park Run for me as taking a week of racing. I entered the Arena 80 last night so I'll be there on the 21st. My next Park Run likely to be 27th October or the 3rd Nov.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Leicester Half Marathon on Sunday. Not sure what to expect time wise as my training has been blighted by shin and plantar injuries but confident I will at least make it round! Am in total awe of some of your times though, I will be delighted if I can do it in under 2.5 hours!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Look at the London GFA male/female differential........sub 3.15 for me, sub 4 if I was female.

It’s a load of bollocks, isn’t it? Current difference in world record is approx +13% for women, so the GFA times should correspond to that. In this case the equivalent women’s time would be 3:40, which is a completely different class to 4 hrs.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here