Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Capricorn

Aug 14, 2010
Perth, Australia
Half PB for me is 1:23:20 which I set earlier this year. Tried to crack 1:20:00 about a month ago but it was a bit of a greedy attempt and the aggressive pace at the start mixed with a headwind for part of the course destroyed me. Ended up crossing the line in 1:24:35, which is a shame because if I had been smart with pacing I could have PB'd despite not getting close to 1:20.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Ohhhh a PB table - excellent stuff.

Mine are
49.59 10k (Worthing 4.6.2017) - my first ever was 58.53 Horsham 17.5.2015
1.27.48 10 miles (GSR Portsmouth 23.10.2016) - only one I have done but doing 2 later this year (Bright10 and GSR again)
1.53.18 HM (Brighton 2.2.2017) - my first was Brighton 2.22.06 Feb 2011
4.28.36 M (Limassol 19.3.2017) - my first was Brighton 5.46.34 April 2011 (and yes after that one I said NEVER EVER again :) )

Most set this year. Only ever done 1 x 5k park run and that was with a massive hangover and my time was 25.58 (very nearly sick half way round!!)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
My PBs aren't on here but if we're doing the set.....

5K 22.04 at Hove Park
10K 46.50 at Phoenix 10K
HM 1.46.03 (at Brighton, feel free to add on a minute as all my other ones were training ones)
Marathon 4.00.06 :lol: :cry:

Still injured. Not a hernia but a problems with groin and abs :(

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I notice all those who have never edited the 5k table want to add numerous more tables. :lolol:

There are a few problems with using the present 5k table.
First you have to go back hundreds of post to find the last table. If you miss the last table and get one from before it will be wrong and you screw up the table.
It's difficult to do without using a PC.
Third it's easy to miss out a ] or [ or even a /] and then you screw up the table.
Fourth I'm only around for about 4 weeks till the end of the year.....

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I notice all those who have never edited the 5k table want to add numerous more tables. :lolol:

There are a few problems with using the present 5k table.
First you have to go back hundreds of post to find the last table. If you miss the last table and get one from before it will be wrong and you screw up the table.
It's difficult to do without using a PC.
Third it's easy to miss out a ] or [ or even a /] and then you screw up the table.
Fourth I'm only around for about 4 weeks till the end of the year.....

What about an end of year table which we could reproduce each year end.

It would carry SB & PB for distance between 5k & marathon.
[MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] round relish this opportunity and responsibility

Last edited:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
But then the question is, how do you get ranked in the table? Or are we expecting the gaffer to step up and work out the average MPH for all and rank people by overall MPH of their PBs? :lolol: It would get to be a bit crazy. I'm not suggesting it's not a good idea, just difficult to determine how to rank it.

I think one thing we can agree on, as a majority, is that Australian people need not be included. :thumbsup:

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
But then the question is, how do you get ranked in the table? Or are we expecting the gaffer to step up and work out the average MPH for all and rank people by overall MPH of their PBs? :lolol: It would get to be a bit crazy. I'm not suggesting it's not a good idea, just difficult to determine how to rank it.

I think one thing we can agree on, as a majority, is that Australian people need not be included. :thumbsup:

Average MPH I like that.

Or an aggregate time across the various distances.

Capricorn

Aug 14, 2010
Perth, Australia

I agree, best to keep the Aussies away from these tables. I have enough trouble trying to beat them in races here :wink:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I'm not even trying to deny it:lolol:

In all seriousness, people don't tend to get PBs too often at longer distances. It's really the frequency and volume of Parkruns completed by people on this thread that makes the 5km table such an untamed beast that only you seem to have under control. I think the other tables would be nice as a one off so maybe the suggestion of producing them at the end of each year as a season review is a good one.

I knocked out 10km tonight in 48:18 which is more like it. Bring on the 21.1km!

7:46 pace gives a half marathon time of 1:41:19. I think you're on a runner's high and needed to hold back yesterday. It will hit you on the weekend, so make sure you pace accordingly. Difficult when you're improving as much as you are. I'd be starting out at 8:15-8:30 pace for a good few miles with the plan of a sustained fast finish. Good luck sounds like you're up for it.

Now about this Table business, I have no objection to someone doing that. However, if you all think I'm going to spend 6 weeks in the Annapurna in front of yak dung stoves compiling various distance running leagues, you have not met Mrs Knocky!

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I'm not even trying to deny it:lolol:

In all seriousness, people don't tend to get PBs too often at longer distances. It's really the frequency and volume of Parkruns completed by people on this thread that makes the 5km table such an untamed beast that only you seem to have under control. I think the other tables would be nice as a one off so maybe the suggestion of producing them at the end of each year as a season review is a good one.

I knocked out 10km tonight in 48:18 which is more like it. Bring on the 21.1km!

Looks like we are both planning an HM on Sunday. I reckon our times might be close. I've got experience, a flat course and a faster 5k on my side. You have (relative!) youth and probably a better recent training schedule on yours. Plus you are a 'hungry fighter'. Not sure how tough your course will be. I reckon I could get anything between 1.48-1.58. You?

As for some sort of 'meta' performance table my view is that I suspect we've not got the resources and it might well get over-complicated? There's nothing to stop us posting our individual times for 2017 around 31/12/17 in some sort of common format: Ultra/Marathon/HM/10 mile/10K (the 5K is already covered). (But not with AGs?) The current 5k table is a thing of rare beauty and impossible to replicate in its full magnificence. Having said this if anyone wants to oversee and 'manage' the process then all respect!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
The weather is set up nicely for a crack at Hove Prom tomorrow and I'm in luck as no football for the boy this weekend so I might get down there. A seasons best is definitely in my sights although a PB may just be too far out of reach.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
The weather is set up nicely for a crack at Hove Prom tomorrow and I'm in luck as no football for the boy this weekend so I might get down there. A seasons best is definitely in my sights although a PB may just be too far out of reach.

There will be pacers for 19 to 31 mins I believe

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here