Page 1101 of 1117 FirstFirst ... 10160110011051109110981099110011011102110311041111 ... LastLast
Results 11,001 to 11,010 of 11169
    The Designated Survivor Ninja Elephant's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
    No running at all for me last week, my ankle still doesn't feel right and I don't want to rush myself back into action and cause longer lasting damage. I need to crack on soon though, I've got the Isle of Wight Half booked in for the 20th August! I piled into 200 miles worth of cycling last week and a standard 50 length swim, so I should be ok when I'm able to resume running but it's like losing a part of yourself.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

5 Not allowed!
      How about this as a team event

http://176.32.230.49/endure24.co.uk/
      Mark R
      England Away For all my England match reports and quite a few pictures!!

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bobkin View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Looks can be deceiving, Mr B I still have Lunat-Tic legs and ideally wanted to be closer to 22 than the just under 23 that it turned out to be. I saw you too were you pacing someone, as I expected you to be off like a rocket and much further up the field? Popped out for an easy five-miler yesterday and then did 30 mins of yoga which seemed to sort out the slightly dodgy knee that had been rearing its ugly head. One thing's for sure though, if I DO make it to the prom on the 12th, it probably I'm probably not going to be SB hunting!

Signed up for Brighton Half this morning *early bird discount ends today, apparently...
      It's quite a delicate issue - I much prefer the company of running with mates but I usually end up running a minute or two slower than usual when I do. Might have to do some secret runs.

Hope your recovery continues and you make the 12th
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Elephant View Post
      No running at all for me last week, my ankle still doesn't feel right and I don't want to rush myself back into action and cause longer lasting damage. I need to crack on soon though, I've got the Isle of Wight Half booked in for the 20th August! I piled into 200 miles worth of cycling last week and a standard 50 length swim, so I should be ok when I'm able to resume running but it's like losing a part of yourself.
      That's some very impressive swimming/cycling. The IOW is very hilly so maybe a few laps of Bevendean might be advised.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Garry Nelson's teacher View Post
      That's some very impressive swimming/cycling. The IOW is very hilly so maybe a few laps of Bevendean might be advised.
      I've been doing a lot of rowing in the gym as well, so I feel like I've maintained condition of some kind! My Half Marathon record was set on the IOW in August 2015, I remember the course pretty well and I'm feeling generally pretty relaxed about it as a race. I don't think I'm going to be able to go into it planning to smash my record at all but it's a day out and also, not an early start. If only all races catered for the lazy and started at 11!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr Blobby View Post

One to look into, sounds like good fun.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Elephant View Post
      If it covers the same ground as the full mara, it'll be great – it's a lovely course, although the marathon has a big feck off hill at 23ish miles, which buggered me a bit when I ran it in 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by big nuts View Post
      One to look into, sounds like good fun.
      I've provisionally agreed to sign up for this...

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr Blobby View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bobkin View Post
      If it covers the same ground as the full mara, it'll be great – it's a lovely course, although the marathon has a big feck off hill at 23ish miles, which buggered me a bit when I ran it in 2015.

I've provisionally agreed to sign up for this...
      I think it probably does but I'm not sure, I've not done their full marathon. There are a few serious hills along the route, and some really unpleasant sections of running on an A road! But it's quite a nice one to run and there are plenty of ice creams available afterwards!

I'm happy to provisionally agree to that event as well - looks very different and a good challenge.
      Punxsatawney Phil Curious Orange's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Pleasant weather for Yateley race 3... think I might vaseline my nips...
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Curious Orange View Post
      Pleasant weather for Yateley race 3... think I might vaseline my nips...
      Instead of running? Good luck with the wind and rain.