Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
864 miles fir me to date. I guess I’ll be just under 1000 at year end.

I hear around 130 vegan runners will be at Hove Park parkrun on Saturday - time to make my Lancing debut I think.

You have nothing to fear. They don't eat donkeys. :lol:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I hit 750 miles for the year tonight.
I suspect I'll end up in the low 900's, which will be my highest mileage since 2014 when I last made the 1,000.

Next year...

Well, I will have to ramp up the mileage, have just booked up for my second 'A race'.
I was already doing Barcelona Marathon on March 10th, have now signed up for the Cami de Cavals, Costa Sud, 85k

http://www.trailmenorca.com/index.php?ecshow=3

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I hit 750 miles for the year tonight.
I suspect I'll end up in the low 900's, which will be my highest mileage since 2014 when I last made the 1,000.

Next year...

Well, I will have to ramp up the mileage, have just booked up for my second 'A race'.
I was already doing Barcelona Marathon on March 10th, have now signed up for the Cami de Cavals, Costa Sud, 85k

http://www.trailmenorca.com/index.php?ecshow=3

That Menorca 85k looks a hard challenge. You must have been drinking when agreeing. May sun and steep coastal paths. I'm impressed but not quite jealous.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
That Menorca 85k looks a hard challenge. You must have been drinking when agreeing. May sun and steep coastal paths. I'm impressed but not quite jealous.

I have recced around half of it during a few holidays to Menorca, it is gorgeous coastline (with a few ravines thrown in for good measure). There is an 18 hour time lmit, so time to take it easy if it gets over warm.
The big downside would be us getting to the FA Cup Final as it's on Cup Final day.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Just received an email advertising the Adur and Worthing 20 which is 2 weeks before the Brighton Marathon. Seems ideal prep for the marathon runners out there.

Brighton Marathon entries now closed, does anyone know if they put anymore on sale now? I'm starting to convince myself it's a good idea to run another one.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
8am start. I'm out.

A real shame, because I'd have enjoyed that one and it would be ideally placed. Instead, I'll do my own thing.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Just received an email advertising the Adur and Worthing 20 which is 2 weeks before the Brighton Marathon. Seems ideal prep for the marathon runners out there.

Brighton Marathon entries now closed, does anyone know if they put anymore on sale now? I'm starting to convince myself it's a good idea to run another one.

Here’s the Facebook link https://www.facebook.com/events/452035171990357/?ti=ia

We had quite a debate on this on Sunday. Personallly I think 20 miles two weeks before a marathon is too soon. I’ve found a four week taper really works for me. Having said that I am planning on doing Three Forts so this falls well for me as it will be five weeks before. In.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Beautiful. Totally flat and all concrete. I’m in. Thanks for mentioning it as I didn’t even know this event existed 30 minutes ago.

Very recent idea.....from usual Loons at Sussex Trail Events. They’ve been looking at replacing the old Worthing 20 for a while.

Surprised it isn’t 250 shuttle runs across Tesco car park.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Here’s the Facebook link https://www.facebook.com/events/452035171990357/?ti=ia

We had quite a debate on this on Sunday. Personallly I think 20 miles two weeks before a marathon is too soon. I’ve found a four week taper really works for me. Having said that I am planning on doing Three Forts so this falls well for me as it will be five weeks before. In.

That’s the dilemma many will have. Personally I prefer a 2 week taper rather than 4 but 20 miles is a hell of a distance, typically my longest run in the build up has been 17/18 miles and that’s been fine for me.

A 30k race would suit me a lot better.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
f02ab1446f7de0b93e437ec264d724e9.jpg

[emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
First snowy run of the season last night. I forgot how much harder it was on your legs to run on snow (turning corners is fun too!) It's properly FLUMPING it down this morning. Looks like it could be a long winter, with some tough runs.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Knockeart’s looking comfortable and has a new hairstyle.

After the second lap, he tried to run around a bin, did it successfully so then tried to do it again, before throwing himself to the floor, rolling around and then stomping off in a huff. He handed his race number to Locadia, who jogged around for 6 hours before stopping after 4 miles.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here