Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Frustrating week for me too.
Only running all week was to public toilets as our bathroom was out all week and the week has ended with man flu stopping me getting to Parkrun.
Only 2 Parkruns left for me till Christmas.

Bad news. But maybe not entirely a bad week to miss in that it was pretty windy on the proms and a bit of a battle. Not many PBs or SBs today I suspect. Worthing: 22.15; AG 74.01%. Quite pleased with this.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Don't worry I was only joking :)

I know :thumbsup:

There are three of us (that I know of) that loathe road 10ks - me, Dazzer and [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] . They're right off my "to do" list.

As the plodder propping up the foot of the table (that I am only really on as a nice gesture as I am not in the same league as you guys) I am in awe of you all.

You'll be amazed how much your times improve if you just keep running regularly. My first 10K race was 55 minutes, my first training half marathon 2 hours 15. If you get the right balance between weight, muscle and aerobic capacity the times come down by themselves.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You'll be amazed how much your times improve if you just keep running regularly. My first 10K race was 55 minutes, my first training half marathon 2 hours 15. If you get the right balance between weight, muscle, aerobic capacity and craft beer the times come down by themselves.

I have corrected this for you.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Don’t like 10m or half marathons either [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I disagree about half’s but agree on 10m races, they are stupid. What is the point? You might as well do a half marathon.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
I disagree about half’s but agree on 10m races, they are stupid. What is the point? You might as well do a half marathon.

In my case the point is I get a coffee and a protein bar twenty five minutes earlier.

D

Deleted member 2719

Keep matching my PB to the same second over 5k, how annoying is that.:tantrum:

Must remind myself what my PB is before I run, so I can at least nick a second off it in the final few metres!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Looking forward to my first 3000m race next year and a couple of efforts at 1500m. Don't see the point of running beyond 5K.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
12 miles this morning and the penultimate 2 (before a run / walk cool down) were the quickest. Helps that those 2 are on the most popular bit of Hove seafront so there's almost always someone to virtually race or a nice view to chase (so long as you don't end up getting chicked) but I'm starting to feel that my "steady" pace is already quicker than when I started marathon training three years ago. Just need to find a way of fitting in quality mid week sessions to a stupidly busy work schedule now.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
12 miles this morning and the penultimate 2 (before a run / walk cool down) were the quickest. Helps that those 2 are on the most popular bit of Hove seafront so there's almost always someone to virtually race or a nice view to chase (so long as you don't end up getting chicked) but I'm starting to feel that my "steady" pace is already quicker than when I started marathon training three years ago. Just need to find a way of fitting in quality mid week sessions to a stupidly busy work schedule now.

Very good progress on Strava. Most impressive. I'll have to work ******* hard in 2019 to prevent another loss to Mr Commitment.

That's my main aim for next year!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here