Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Left Back

Jan 22, 2011
That was the plan. I'll be there but Achilles not sure, if it's running. I'm in West Upper for the first time and have heard horror stories about the stairs. :ohmy:. Had 18 days off running. Preparing for it on the off chance with a 14 mile walk Monday, 20 mile bike yesterday and a week off booze (NSC running ban?).
If any unknown faces coming let us know and we can make ourselves seen.
That's a lot of prep for the stairs, I think they have a lift [emoji3] .

I might come down to Hove Prom. I've walked up to a random guy in a Brighton shirt before at a ParkRun and asked him if he was someone on this thread ... Turned out he was just a random guy at a ParkRun in a Brighton shirt [emoji15].

Is there code word I should use?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
That's a lot of prep for the stairs, I think they have a lift [emoji3] .

I might come down to Hove Prom. I've walked up to a random guy in a Brighton shirt before at a ParkRun and asked him if he was someone on this thread ... Turned out he was just a random guy at a ParkRun in a Brighton shirt [emoji15].

Is there code word I should use?

Yes I've done the same and given up on talking to Brighton shirts. Just give a little Seagulls call.
I'll be there, as brother over on holiday, but feeling like 23-24 or maybe just watching. Will know in the morning. I'll introduce you to other NSC runners so you can race them home or not.
To make it easy. YELLOW shorts, YELLOW shoes, Green t shirt, skinny, bald, old, white sun hat, sun glasses. Your average Parkrunner but in HiViz just for you.

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
A return to running after 9 weeks today. Good 3 miles at 8's and although got the same pain in the same place it was manageable. The temptation is to join the hove prom run out on Saturday but will now rest for a few days before trying anything else. Really missed running so nice to get back out there

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
A return to running after 9 weeks today. Good 3 miles at 8's and although got the same pain in the same place it was manageable. The temptation is to join the hove prom run out on Saturday but will now rest for a few days before trying anything else. Really missed running so nice to get back out there

Excellent news. Wise move missing the big NSC SB day on Saturday. Take it easy on the return.

Left Back

Jan 22, 2011
Yes I've done the same and given up on talking to Brighton shirts. Just give a little Seagulls call.
I'll be there, as brother over on holiday, but feeling like 23-24 or maybe just watching. Will know in the morning. I'll introduce you to other NSC runners so you can race them home or not.
To make it easy. YELLOW shorts, YELLOW shoes, Green t shirt, skinny, bald, old, white sun hat, sun glasses. Your average Parkrunner but in HiViz just for you.
Sounds like I can't miss you ! .. I'll have a bright orange top with black shorts.

Seeya tomorrow

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Been undercoating my beach hut today on the Prom. Saw the lesser spotted [MENTION=4949]7:18[/MENTION] in his Albion shirt, he couldn't hear me due to his headphones. There is a fun fair down there. Run still going ahead but there will be 100m stretch where it will be single file x4. Shouldn't be a problem as field spread out by then.
It will be dry with a westerly wind. So run into the wind +20-30 seconds off pace and minus 20-30 seconds with it behind you. Haven't got a clue what time I'll do but expecting a non SB of 23-24.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Been undercoating my beach hut today on the Prom. Saw the lesser spotted [MENTION=4949]7:18[/MENTION] in his Albion shirt, he couldn't hear me due to his headphones. There is a fun fair down there. Run still going ahead but there will be 100m stretch where it will be single file x4. Shouldn't be a problem as field spread out by then.
It will be dry with a westerly wind. So run into the wind +20-30 seconds off pace and minus 20-30 seconds with it behind you. Haven't got a clue what time I'll do but expecting a non SB of 23-24.

Hoping to make it, probably 21.30ish all being well.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Hoping to make it, probably 21.30ish all being well.

That was my original target but just had 3 weeks off running. Maybe the rest has done some good but probably a bit too long.
I'll set a sub 23" target for tomorrow with an easy start and see what happens. Could be a Mo Farah run but my money is on a Laura Muir.

Last edited:

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I won't be at the Prom as won't get back home in time for my boys football club, plus I got a nail in my bike tyre tonight, so no mode of transport.

If I do Preston Park tomorrow I'll have to run back almost straight after so lll make a decision tomorrow.

Looking forward to a long run Sunday, weather looks good for a 12 miler.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I brought up the rear today for a breezy NSC Prom run in 22:45ish. Good to welcome [MENTION=18282]Left Back[/MENTION] to the group. Happy with the run out and glad to see my last mile time was only 10 seconds behind [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] last mile who finished 2 mins+ ahead. Have to look for positives however small they maybe.......

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I brought up the rear today for a breezy NSC Prom run in 22:45ish. Good to welcome [MENTION=18282]Left Back[/MENTION] to the group. Happy with the run out and glad to see my last mile time was only 10 seconds behind [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] last mile who finished 2 mins+ ahead. Have to look for positives however small they maybe.......

You looked very comfortable out there chap [emoji106][emoji106]

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Strange Park Run for me this morning. Was expecting a time of around 19:00 but ran an abysmal first mile and I don't know why. For once I ran to Preston Park rather than cycled so maybe the slow two mile run was a factor as I seemingly couldn't switch between plod and race pace quickly enough.

My miles got progressively quicker which is unusual with the course lay out and a decent finish got me in at 19:34 about 30 seconds slower than I wanted.

Saw the Hove Prom results and some decent times there.

Left Back

Jan 22, 2011
Good to put some faces to names today.

Been waiting for my result to be sent through and got nothing... Just checked and both me and my son are down as unknown [emoji19].

They must have had a dodgy scanner. Can get it updated retrospectively anyone know?

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Good to put some faces to names today.

Been waiting for my result to be sent through and got nothing... Just checked and both me and my son are down as unknown [emoji19].

They must have had a dodgy scanner. Can get it updated retrospectively anyone know?

Happened to me once, I emailed them my barcode number and my position and they added me to the results. Definitely worth a try.

Left Back

Jan 22, 2011
Happened to me once, I emailed them my barcode number and my position and they added me to the results. Definitely worth a try.
Cheers bn, I'll give that a go.

(My son was on a PB so wants it recorded)

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Got the sub-22 that I was after. I've always loved the prom... [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Capricorn

Aug 14, 2010
Perth, Australia
Ran a 17:59 at parkrun yesterday morning on very tired legs. I played a casual game of football the night before, which I haven't done for a while. Safe to say with the strain that put on leg muscles I haven't had to use in a while, and the fact my legs are still recovering from the half last weekend, it was never going to be easy. Still, I'm happy with the time considering I know I can push harder when I'm more well-rested again. I'm supposed to be filling in for a mates Sunday league team today, which probably isn't the smartest idea with the muscle tightness, but runners are anything but rational. It took a lot of self-restraint not to go out for an easy paced long run this morning :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here