Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
Ran from Lewes to Black Cap earlier. I was about an hour too late as frozen paths had already thawed back to mud but well worth the effort, glorious up there.

Also signed up for the Worthing half as missed out on Brighton. Seems really flat so going for a good time. And a good time

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Ran from Lewes to Black Cap earlier. I was about an hour too late as frozen paths had already thawed back to mud but well worth the effort, glorious up there.

Also signed up for the Worthing half as missed out on Brighton. Seems really flat so going for a good time. And a good time

That has to be pb territory at Worthing? Sub 1:30 has to be on for you surely?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

My half PB course, but it does feel a bit like a half marathon has been squeezed into the town with a few odd turns here and there. Still enjoyable though...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Went for a run this morning and managed to do over five miles for the first time in 2017. Despite the horribly cold weather, it was going well until about four miles in when I stepped on a loose paving slab. My weight (and there's a lot of it) caused the slab to see-saw and I kicked it with my trailing foot, sending me tumbling onto the frosty ground. I managed to escape with nothing but a slightly grazed knee and a bruised ego.

I've been making myself go running in the morning since the new year, as I often don't have time after work anymore. I run 2-3 times a week at 6am, plus parkrun on a Saturday. I hate getting out of bed so early though... someone please tell me that it gets easier. Lol.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Went for a run this morning and managed to do over five miles for the first time in 2017. Despite the horribly cold weather, it was going well until about four miles in when I stepped on a loose paving slab. My weight (and there's a lot of it) caused the slab to see-saw and I kicked it with my trailing foot, sending me tumbling onto the frosty ground. I managed to escape with nothing but a slightly grazed knee and a bruised ego.

I've been making myself go running in the morning since the new year, as I often don't have time after work anymore. I run 2-3 times a week at 6am, plus parkrun on a Saturday. I hate getting out of bed so early though... someone please tell me that it gets easier. Lol.

It get easier ... honest!

Which Parkrun are you doing? If it's Hove Park there are a few of us there and meeting up is a good way to encourage each other.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
It get easier ... honest!

Which Parkrun are you doing? If it's Hove Park there are a few of us there and meeting up is a good way to encourage each other.

Yeah, I go to Hove Park parkrun. I've been doing it on and off (mostly off) since 2014. Currently doing it in around 27 minutes, but hoping to shed some pounds and get back to around he 25 minute mark in the next month or two.

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
That has to be pb territory at Worthing? Sub 1:30 has to be on for you surely?

This is the hope. I need to find 4 minutes to achieve that but as [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] confirms it is known as a fast course. Current pb was set at Barns Green which as you know is far from flat so if the weather is decent I have a chance

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
This is the hope. I need to find 4 minutes to achieve that but as [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] confirms it is known as a fast course. Current pb was set at Barns Green which as you know is far from flat so if the weather is decent I have a chance

I've just entered the Worthing 10k mid March and was considering the half next month. Now I know you've entered I think that's motivation enough for me to get revenge for my one second defeat to you at the Mince Pie.

It's a quick course but lots of turns so I still think Brighton is the better PB course although it's close.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

I've just entered the Worthing 10k mid March and was considering the half next month. Now I know you've entered I think that's motivation enough for me to get revenge for my one second defeat to you at the Mince Pie.

It's a quick course but lots of turns so I still think Brighton is the better PB course although it's close.

Great a NSC Challenge. I may cycle along to watch. Hope you meet up before the start so both of you get a sight of your rabbit.

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012

I'm not sure if I could fend you off again but will go like a puffer fish if you get close. I think your in better shape now but won't take anything for granted. I'm also running the 10. Could be interesting

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ive been following with amazement the runners taking part in the Montane Spine Race which is on at the moment and covers 420.1KM across the entire Pennine way. With an ascent of 13,135M, and taking part in the middle of winter, its meant to be Britain's most Brutal race. The lunatics running this have been on the go for days with little sleep!

https://www.facebook.com/TheSpineRace/

http://thespinerace.com

One of the guys at Sussex Trail Events (our favourite local trail marathon organisers) is taking part - Chris Ette.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I'm not sure if I could fend you off again but will go like a puffer fish if you get close. I think your in better shape now but won't take anything for granted. I'm also running the 10. Could be interesting

I am in better shape but I'm sure you are too. Hamstrings are still tight but pushing through. Not sure what time I'm currently capable of, I'd like to threaten sub 7 minute miles as an average. Sub 1:30 seems a real tough ask but still some time to go and my last half dozen runs have been encouraging.

Would ideally like to run further than half marathon distance before the run to boost confidence and stamina. I've run an eleven miler in the last month and some 10's but nothing beyond that.

Would also like at least one if not two Park Run's between now and then for the speed work.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yeah, I go to Hove Park parkrun. I've been doing it on and off (mostly off) since 2014. Currently doing it in around 27 minutes, but hoping to shed some pounds and get back to around he 25 minute mark in the next month or two.

Sorry to hear about your fall – I've done that and it just comes out of nowhere. Hope the biggest injury is to your pride! Hove Park is great and if you're there on Saturday there's no chance of you being the last of the NSC crew home because I'm one of the tail runners!

I think the ONLY reason I managed to get a 1:39 was by sticking with the 1:40 pacer. He was brilliant and I was surprised that I managed to keep up with him. It also helped having a couple of mates with me to get me over the line (or most of the way around). Good luck.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here