Page 1474 of 1474 FirstFirst ... 4749741374142414641471147214731474
Results 14,731 to 14,735 of 14735

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Complete Badger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks for that. Iíd never even heard of a strasbourg sock until this post but it looks like it could be a shrewd investment based on what Iíve just Googled.
    Yep, feels a bit odd at first but does the job.......
    "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
      Yep, feels a bit odd at first but does the job.......
      Sorry to treat you like a doctor (as I assume you’re not one) but how long do you think I’m looking at to recover?

Official Running Thread

0 Not allowed!
      Sorry to treat you like a doctor (as I assume youíre not one) but how long do you think Iím looking at to recover?
      If youíre conservative with it (seriously, donít effing run on it) and the sock and iced bottle are deployed, shouldnít be more than a couple of weeks max in my experience.......running on it now will make it chronic, then youíre looking at months. The elliptical trainer is your friend for the next couple of weeks

Edit - no, Iím not a doctor and nothing I post on here should be construed as useful advice. As a pudgy middle-aged long-distance runner, I have however experienced almost every running injury going and had about 3 million separate pieces of advice/treatment from a range of physios
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
      If you’re conservative with it (seriously, don’t effing run on it) and the sock and iced bottle are deployed, shouldn’t be more than a couple of weeks max in my experience.......running on it now will make it chronic, then you’re looking at months. The elliptical trainer is your friend for the next couple of weeks

Edit - no, I’m not a doctor and nothing I post on here should be construed as useful advice. As a pudgy middle-aged long-distance runner, I have however experienced almost every running injury going and had about 3 million separate pieces of advice/treatment from a range of physios
      Thanks, I’ve got a lot of time for our more experienced runners on here for posts like this. One issue is that I’ve had it for about three to four weeks, but only realised what it is in the last few days as the pain has got worse. Seriously, walking from the car to the start was tough at parkrun yesterday. In a strange way it actually gets more comfortable once I’ve run about 2km. Anyway, as I didn’t realise what the problem was for almost a month, I’ve been running on it as normal, albeit mainly lower mileage and slower speeds than I’m used to. I’m going to take it easy and invest in a strassbourg sock
      Last edited by The Complete Badger; Yesterday at 22:43.

1 Not allowed!
      Thanks, Iíve got a lot of time for our more experienced runners on here for posts like this. One issue is that Iíve had it for about three to four weeks, but only realised what it is in the last few days as the pain has got worse. Seriously, walking from the car to the start was tough at parkrun yesterday. In a strange way it actually gets more comfortable once Iíve run about 2km. Anyway, as I didnít realise what the problem was for almost a month, Iíve been running on it as normal, albeit mainly lower mileage and slower speeds than Iím used to. Iím going to take it easy and invest in a strassbourg sock:thumbs up:
      Stop running, use the sock and roll your foot 3-4 times a day for 10 mins on an icy bottle, then a tennis ball (and when thatís no longer painful, use a golf ball).

It eases when warmed up (as youíve noticed) which is a bit dangerous as you start to think itís ok. Post-run, it usually stiffens up (ooer missus) very quickly and hurts like a *******.