Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's SHOREHAM like to live in?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Ever tried GFC in Church Road Hove, opposite the Blind Busker ?
Their chicken filletburgers open their flaps and piss all over anything KFC has to offer from a GREAT height.

oh HUNDREDS of times, that place is amazing :thumbsup:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Born and grew up there. Really great place with a lot of good memories. The location is unbeatable; the Adur, South Downs and Shoreham Beach. Steeped in history with a good selection of pubs and restaurants. The planners have managed to keep it more or less intact apart from that hideous development at Ropetackle which blotted out some really great views. My Mum lived there for over 50 years and it was a very difficult decision to sell her house when she died as it felt like you were cutting your link with the town.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Shoreham gets visited by a decent amount of FAMOUS people. Mike Tyson & Tony Hawkes being the last 2 stars to grace our humble town. :bowdown:

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Born and grew up there. Really great place with a lot of good memories. The location is unbeatable; the Adur, South Downs and Shoreham Beach. Steeped in history with a good selection of pubs and restaurants. The planners have managed to keep it more or less intact apart from that hideous development at Ropetackle which blotted out some really great views. My Mum lived there for over 50 years and it was a very difficult decision to sell her house when she died as it felt like you were cutting your link with the town.

How on earth could the town planners give the go ahead for Ropetackle...the flats/apartments are good, but that monstrosity that waits for you at the roundabout is unbelievable !

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It's a great place to be

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
It's a fecking pain when the flyover gets shut though.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
You need wheels if you move to the wilds of the beach. I miss Brighton, but it's nice & quiet out here.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Only super cool people live in Shoreham, like me :wave:

especially when those super cool people have BATHURST 1000 All Night Parties.....should MotorsTV show it live :thumbsup:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
especially when those super cool people have BATHURST 1000 All Night Parties.....should MotorsTV show it live :thumbsup:

Oooh - you sound like a super cool person - where in fact do you live might I ask? :wink:

(Did you see the classic from Le Mans on Motors TV yesterday - Joe was on there loads!!)

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Oooh - you sound like a super cool person - where in fact do you live might I ask? :wink:

(Did you see the classic from Le Mans on Motors TV yesterday - Joe was on their loads!!)

No missed that, did see a documentary on BBC2 about the Le Mans crash in 1955 though, very moving.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I saw that on the tv guide but couldn't watch it. But I can't watch crashes, I have enough trouble watching Joe race most times.

Speaking of Shoreham - anymore rain forecast here for tonight - my tomatoes are PARCHED man - that sprinkle before wasn't enough to wet the whistle...

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
maybe a slight shower in the next hour but thats it, same old dryness for us :angry:

edit: yeah the crash was abit horrifc!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
maybe thats a good moving to Shoreham point....it NEVER rains :lolol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well you must have been lucky then.

As an aside, my lad went to get a KFC in Portslade the other day - but came back empty-handed, cos they'd run out of CHICKEN :jester:

The same thing happened to us at the one by The Mulberry in Goring. Apparently they are not allowed to start cooking any after a certain time so if they are busy ish they run out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here