Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

French film

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
I watched this at The Duke of Yorks a few months ago, good film, quite slow paced but I enjoyed it:

The Kid with a Bike (2011) - IMDb

Max, what are your top 3 so far? I want to see if there are any I have not seen yet. Cheyars dude.

we watched that and hated it!

if you can, see a l'origine which is fab, tu seras mon fils, or le nom des gens which is excellent

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Another good 'un

51rfLxxybsL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Haven't seen it mentioned yet but one of my all time favourites is "Lift To The Scaffold".

For comedy, any film by Jaques Tati (you may even see where John Cleese's body language came from. INMHO of course).

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Another foreign favourite of mine is Amarcord by Fellini. Ok, so it's Italian, not French, but well worth watching.
It's all about a little Italian town set in the 30's and one of the best scenes is set in a kid's classroom. Bloody hilarious, so do check it out.

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
What did you not like out of interest? The end was a bit abrupt and inconclusive but that goes for a lot of french films I guess.

it was just bloody miserable, and predictable after the boy had run away for the tenth time. thought the plot was uninspiring and depressing!

try quartier lointain, we loved that

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I liked that. Not as good as Anything for Her but they're both better than 99% of thrillers coming out the US or the UK

I'm willing to suspend my disbelief to an extent when I plunge into the fictional world of film keaton......but not to THAT extent! For me a good action film should at least have an element of 'this could actually happen in the real world' to make it work. That said it was French and we love French film so I'll amend my rating to an eleven out of ten.
:)

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
I watched Western yesterday, which wasn't too bad, and The Green Ray the other day, which is best avoided tbh...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here