Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

French film

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
İbrahim Tatlıses;3599718 said:
La Haine, L'appartement are my favourites.

Caught L'Appartement last night, finally. Enjoyed it a lot actually. Nice pace to it.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
If you fancy a bit of an old school classic then Francois Truffaut's 'Jules et Jim' makes for fantastic viewing.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Irreversible - if you can get past the overdone hype of certain aspects of this film it is both shocking and incredible in the same.

I've just watched this, based on its appearance on these pages...

That reminds me ... I watched Irreversible based on the recommendations in this thread. Apart from the fact that the camera work was giving me motion sickness ... I really had to turn it off when it got to the fire extinguisher scene. I would avoid, unless you have a strong stomach.

And that's the second scene! How far did you get?!

I found it really tricky to watch but glad I made it to the end. The focus moves from upsetting your stomach to upsetting your head; it was sad.

Two excellent oldies, The Wages of Fear and Rififi, I think that is how its spelt, very old, but spellbinding

Rififi has the longest silent scene in a film apparently. Bloody good film.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
War film about African (Algerian) soldiers in WW2...cannot remember the name...but it was very good!

Loved 36 and Mesirine, may look at a few of the others.

jellyvales

Sep 21, 2011
Back to school is always present La Reine Margot, Jean de Florette and Manon de source. Since you like to tell anyone, you may want to hide the person continued to accept their own surveillence camera, which he said something to do with his past.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Belle de Jour

Ceci est mon film favori,est-ce que quelqu'un d'autre l'a vu?En fait je regarde des films francais chaque soir

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
I found these Depardieu ones on LOVEfilm quite good - Maîtresse (quite an eye opener), Going Places (French: Les Valseuses) and Nathalie (featuring the stunning Emmanuelle Béart).

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Just watched Little White Lies and it's a beauty....

Little White Lies (2010) - IMDb

It's got Marion Cotillard in it and she is FINE

marion-cotillard-ecolochic-ouverture.jpg

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Can't believe that no-one's mentioned the films by Claude Chabrol. Probably one of the greatest French film directors ever!
He was called the Alfred Hitchcock of France and my favourite is a bit old but still brilliant, called Le Boucher (The Butcher).

Got this coming next!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Tonight I will be settling down in front of the TV with this cheeky little French flick (supposed to be a cracker):

51Qtl991vrL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
If Action/Parkour/Buddy/Slightly-Slapstick movies are your bag then you could do worse than give Banlieue 13 a go.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Point Blank by the bloke who did Anything For Her is very good

Saw 'Que la Bête Meure' by Chabrol was well which was very good.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here