Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
51W75NM8E2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It was alright. 6.675 out of 10.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The Three Colours Trilogy is airing on Sky Arts, starting Wednesday at 10pm.

I don't know if it's weekly or daily, though.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
I've seen two fine French films recently.

Poupoupidou (English title - Nobody Else But You) is a crime/dark comedy about a writer who stumbles into the case of the death of a local TV starlet. The main actor, Jean-Paul Rouve, was excellent. I liked it a lot - 8.6/10.

Le Prénom is a dinner party comedy a little in the style of Carnage or Le Dîner des Cons. A seemingly ordinary dinner between friends is turned upside down when one of the characters announces that he is going to call his baby boy Adolphe. Very funny - 8.2/10.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Watched 36 last night. I thought it pretty good but at times things happened too quickly and it was hard to keep up with everything that was going on (5 cans of Red Stripe didn't help this, granted). Like all French films it created a good atmosphere to lead you through emotionally and I would recommend it as a watch, though it did not blow me away.

36th Precinct (2004) - IMDb

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Probably been mentioned already, but yesterday I watched The Intouchables (2011) - IMDb . A rich paraplegic hires a working class african as his carer and they form a friendship that affects each other's lives. It's funny and touching.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Probably been mentioned already, but yesterday I watched The Intouchables (2011) - IMDb . A rich paraplegic hires a working class african as his carer and they form a friendship that affects each other's lives. It's funny and touching.

I watched this last night (but it's called Untouchable on Sky Movies).An excellent feel-good film ( you don't get many nowadays)

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
The First Day of the Rest of Your Life is worth a watch. Delicacy is an enjoyable, if undemanding watch. L'Appartement has already been mentioned. If you want to delve into the classics, I would start with A Bout de Souffle and add in Au Hasard Balthasar and Zazie dans le Metro.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here