Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

French film

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Bonjour!

Watched Tell No One last night and REALLY enjoyed it and loved the Mesrine films so now I'd like to watch more French stuff. Please recommend me some films then!

Have A Prophet and Paris on my lovefilm list.....

GO

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The Beat That My Heart Skipped is good.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
As is The Pusher Trilogy by the same director as A Prophet

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
add to the two i recommended yesterday the very clever and amusing tout ca.....pour ca another by claude lelouche.

the mesrine films are pretty accurate by all accounts, and they are both really good. his henchman was captured in honfleur btw (some of you will know that place....sim!)

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If you want something more actiony there's Brotherhood of the Wolf (le pacte des loup) which has some similarities to sleepy hollow, but with a wolf-like monster instead of a headless horseman), District 13 (banlieu 13) which is pretty much a movie for parkour/free running set in a dystopian futuristic paris where all the criminals have been walled into one district and it's up to a cop and the one honest guy who lives there, to go in and retrieve a nuclear war head that has fallen into the wrong hands. It also has a sequel District 13- Ultimatum.

Going back to school there's always La Reine Margot, Jean De Florette and Manon De Source. Since you liked Tell No one, you might like Hidden (cache) about a man who keeps recieving surveillence footage of himself and he thinks it has something to do with his past...

You can check out some originals such as Mon Pere, ce hero (my father the hero), le cage aux foilles (the bird cage), 3 hommes et un couffin (three men and a baby)

I hear Amelie is very good.

Last edited:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Ah Yes! I second Brotherhood of The Wolf - fantastic film in any language!

And you get to see Monica Belucci's fleshy bits.

brotherhood_of_the_wolf.jpg

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The only other French film I can recall seeing and liking recently is The Last Metro, I enjoyed it.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
It's ALL about Les Aventures De Rabbi Jacob by Louis de Funes. It might be a bit highbrow for some though.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Ah Yes! I second Brotherhood of The Wolf - fantastic film in any language!

And you get to see Monica Belucci's fleshy bits.

brotherhood_of_the_wolf.jpg

Also stars the guy from iron chef america (mark dacascos) - he's on the left in that picture.

Last edited:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
blimey i forgot that one. my favourite film of all time!

in fact any louis de funes film is a sure-fire winner in my book. a master at work!

Never seen his films, gonna check this out. Nice one.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here