Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 1901 to Falmer- An affordable opportunity for many.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think this thread and some of the reaction is just because we are fed up with seeing threads started just to promote someone's blog, every flippin week.

You don't see the Albion coming on here and posting a link to every page they put on the website or the argus doing the same.

I just think it's spamming of the worse kind. We all know that there is a blog there to read if we want to but why do we have to be pointed to it every flippin week.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think this thread and some of the reaction is just because we are fed up with seeing threads started just to promote someone's blog, every flippin week.

You don't see the Albion coming on here and posting a link to every page they put on the website or the argus doing the same.

I just think it's spamming of the worse kind. We all know that there is a blog there to read if we want to but why do we have to be pointed to it every flippin week.

As stated earlier, I don't even think people would mind, if it was an honest: 'Click here to read my latest blog'.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
In the 1901 club email shot that I received last Thursday it was stated

“We’ve......created something that is appealing and the right price for local business people to enjoy Brighton & Hove Albion FC and its new facilities to the max!”

That's all you need to know about the 1901 club. It's meant as a claimable tax and VAT dodge for those that can do so - not really for the general public. That's not to say that the average punter can't buy a seat, but they won't get anywhere near the benefits of those that can claim it back on expenses.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
“We’ve......created something that is appealing and the right price for local business people to enjoy Brighton & Hove Albion FC and its new facilities to the max!”

That's all you need to know about the 1901 club. It's meant as a claimable tax and VAT dodge for those that can do so - not really for the general public. That's not to say that the average punter can't buy a seat, but they won't get anywhere near the benefits of those that can claim it back on expenses.

Have you had many conversations with HMRC about taxable allowances and the ability to reclaim VAT? I suggest if you were buying YOURSELF a package that you couldn't prove was going to benefit your business and is purely for developing your business you may be faced with a serious slap on the wrist and a bill ... honestly things ain't what they use to be!

:(

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

It is quoting a press release sent to the business pages so what do you expect?

Why did they invite existing season ticket holders?

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
I've decided that if the club are going to become all corporate and moneygrabbing, then perhaps I'll be better off getting my football fix at the home of the true fan, The Madjeski Stadium..........................

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A decent, well written and thought provoking Albion blog for those that have just wasted a few minutes on the shite linked to in the first post:

The Hovian

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Has anyone been on one of the 1901 presentation evenings recently? Was it good and do you get taken round the ground?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I've decided that if the club are going to become all corporate and moneygrabbing, then perhaps I'll be better off getting my football fix at the home of the true fan, The Madjeski Stadium..........................

:lol::lol::lol: think you mean home of the 'fair-weathered twats' who sell 6k half season tickets when they're top of the Championship!

Though you are clearly fishing as stated above!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
To quote Sean Locke "Anyone who orders a starter at a football match is a twat".

D

Deleted User X18H

Has anyone been on one of the 1901 presentation evenings recently? Was it good and do you get taken round the ground?

Erm yeah. I went last night. It was good. You do get shown around.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Erm yeah. I went last night. It was good. You do get shown around.

Why erm yeh - have u already written it on this thread? Soz i couldnt be arsed to trawl through. I'm going on one next week - Looking forward to it.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
A decent, well written and thought provoking Albion blog for those that have just wasted a few minutes on the shite linked to in the first post:

The Hovian

Thanks for the endorsement Bozza :thumbsup:

But to be honest, I don't see why HB&B gets so much flak here about his Argus blog, everyone knows he links to it here so those who he annoys can simply scroll past it when he starts one of his threads. I like his blog, he does a fair job with that shitty Argus online template. That bird off there tried to get me to move 'The Hovian' over, but it's too restrictive and you can't turn the air blue, so I politely declined, I'm better off as an independent. So, fair play to Tim I say.

I'm a firm believer in DIY fandom, TSLR, We Are Brighton, The Albion Roar, The excellent Moan-in, Tim and all the other bloggers should be, if not commended, then given a tiny bit of respect for channeling their obvious love for the club into various ventures.

My two cents worth

D

Deleted User X18H

But to be honest, I don't see why HB&B gets so much flak here about his Argus blog, everyone knows he links to it here so those who he annoys can simply scroll past it when he starts one of his threads. I like his blog, he does a fair job with that shitty Argus online template. That bird off there tried to get me to move 'The Hovian' over, but it's too restrictive and you can't turn the air blue, so I politely declined, I'm better off as an independent. So, fair play to Tim I say.

I'm a firm believer in DIY fandom, TSLR, We Are Brighton, The Albion Roar, The excellent Moan-in, Tim and all the other bloggers should be, if not commended, then given a tiny bit of respect for channeling their obvious love for the club into various ventures.

My two cents worth

Good lad:thumbsup: Spoken like a true Hovonian

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer

My two cents worth

Again as I posted before when someone suggested Tim was getting an unfair crack of the whip, if he wishes to post links to his blog here, by all means do so (although not under the guise of being an Argus article). However in the beginning when constructive criticism about his grammar and spelling were nicely offered, he ignored it. People are getting tired of it, hence the reaction it is now receiving. I do find some of it OTT, but I can understand why it is being dished out.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here