Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 1901 to Falmer- An affordable opportunity for many.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
The club are keen to emphasize this venture is affordable to the real Albion fans , Withdean regulars if you like.

Did they actually say that, or are they your words?

If so, that's scandalous.

D

Deleted User X18H

Did they actually say that, or are they your words?

If so, that's scandelous.

No I said it. But they appear to want people with an interest and love of the club as WELL as the prawn sandwich mob. IMHO.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Then you, sir, are a tit.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
I would say about 40% are still clear of either sticker.

The club are keen to emphasize this venture is affordable to the real Albion fans , Withdean regulars if you like.

Just thought I would help the club out with that message.!

The club are proving very capable at getting their own message out so I don't think you need to bother.
40% of the 1901 allocation not taken up you say. Are you really confident that you are right with that statement?

D

Deleted User X18H

The club are proving very capable at getting their own message out so I don't think you need to bother.
40% of the 1901 allocation not taken up you say. Are you really confident that you are right with that statement?

Nope!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm pretty sure MP said they were envisaging selling out the 1901 completely by September (having originally budgetted for it to be sold out by next March), so 40% still remaining sounds well out of kilter.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

They originally intended to sell 400, when I last heard they had sold at least 1200. By my maths that's 300% of the allocation not 40%.

I think they are now aiming for 2,000 though which is 60% sold so does at least make some sense. Not the best sell though is it!!!! and I suspect they have now sold more than 1200 as that was about a month ago.

The club definitely want Withdean regulars in the 1901clubs and a lot of those who I know have bought them are season ticket holders and have acquired them for all the reasons I stated above.

HB&B what seat did you get? Just trying to judge how close to the edges of the middle tier they are now selling.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I think the fact is that it is extremely affordable and the club have gone to great lengths to ensure this.

£1000 for life or £500 for 5 years plus £76 a month DD from August 2011 is superb value.

Season tickets may not be all that much cheaper!

behave yourself man, 76 plus vat (soon to be 20%) a month so call it 90 quid a month x 12 months makes 1080 a year (and thats without either 500 or a grand up front) - there is no way a season ticket for brighton will ever reach that amount in my lifetime. i have often thought those who have slated you on here may be a little off the mark, now i can finally see the light :censored: i'm sorry but imho calling you an idiot may well insult the idiots mate

over a grand a year "season tickets may not be much cheaper" :drool:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
behave yourself man, 76 plus vat (soon to be 20%) a month so call it 90 quid a month x 12 months makes 1080 a year (and thats without either 500 or a grand up front) - there is no way a season ticket for brighton will ever reach that amount in my lifetime. i have often thought those who have slated you on here may be a little off the mark, now i can finally see the light :censored: i'm sorry but imho calling you an idiot may well insult the idiots mate

over a grand a year "season tickets may not be much cheaper" :drool:

I agree with your sentiment as he is very annoying. However I would suspect (unless you are very old!!!) that the most expensive season ticket will eclipse £1k in your lifetime. I will be surprised if the best one at Falmer doesn't start out at £600+ in the first year.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
By all means say you disagree, but bit pathetic to get all personal in your criticism.

You don't HAVE to read it do you?
803205-holy_facepalm_super.jpg

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I think its a good read tim.

I personally wanted to know more about this and having a fans view is nice.

Although I disagree with some of what youve written, for example im not sold that its great value, but with the possibility we could be watching top 10 championship footie in 2/3 years, it could work out good.

Sod the wan*ers on here who slate anything anyone ever writes, we can all have our own opinions, but to slate and abuse someone is out of order.

In summery, Good work Tim

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Although I disagree with some of what youve written, for example im not sold that its great value, but with the possibility we could be watching top 10 championship footie in 2/3 years, it could work out good.

Sod the wan*ers on here who slate anything anyone ever writes, we can all have ourown opinions, but to slate and abuse someone is out of order.

In summery, Good work Tim

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
In the 1901 club email shot that I received last Thursday it was stated

The 1901 Club is proving to be the hottest ticket in town and we only have 500 premium seat packages left to sell! We have enjoyed visits from a variety of local business clubs, including Cadia and the Brighton & Hove Chamber of Commerce, many of whose members have signed up there and then.

Ashley Donlan from Empire Stadiums, who helped create the 1901 Club and is leading the sales team said: “We’ve learnt a lot at clubs including Hull and Cardiff City, but we never expected these packages to sell quite this fast! We are very glad we did our research well and have created something that is appealing and the right price for local business people to enjoy Brighton & Hove Albion FC and its new facilities to the max!”

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Have you been away from NSC for the past few months? There has been a massive amount of commentary and debate on the merits of these packages from a lot of fans who have taken tours and chosen to indulge, as well as those who decided 'not for me'.

Maybe HB&B missed all of that too.

Unfortunately for HB&B he seems to be very much towards the back of the queue in this process.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here