Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 1901 to Falmer- An affordable opportunity for many.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
without reading the article why the hell would you want to be in the prawn sandwich part of the ground ?

So that the common people KNOW for a FACT that you are RICHER than them. These things are IMPORTANT*

* to some people...

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
without reading the article why the hell would you want to be in the prawn sandwich part of the ground ?

To be honest, I do it very occasionally at Derby - for certain games you get access to one of the lounges, 2 course dinner, 1 drink, parking and good seats for £40-60 depending on the opponents. As a 'treat', is quite pleasant. And you can always just sit and watch it on the tele and get trashed if it's too cold ouside. :smile: It isn't the way for week in week out though...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
but if you have 4 seats do you get enough room for the Bentley? and if you have 1 seat then just a poor mans porsche?

If you have only one seat, then you are walking. Unless you have THREE FRIENDS to pool with. In Tim's case this seems very unlikely.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I presume that the only clicks he gets, are those from here, where he posts links to an article 'from the Argus'.

I'd imagine that an honest approach of 'Click here to read my latest blog' might get rather less response.

You don't HAVE to read it do you?

I refer you to my earlier post, Richie.

If he insists on tricking people into reading it, and wasting 30 seconds of their lives, then he can expect their feedback.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
I never thought the day would come when I felt a bit sorry for HB&B, but some of the feedback here is a bit scathing!

Anyway, last month the club said they would sell out of 1901 memberships in 8 weeks at the current rate. Did they tell you how many are left now when you went on Tuesday Tim?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This is written by Tim I am condsiderably richer than you

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Terrible article. Completely misrepresents what the 1901 club is and patronises people that can't afford it.

I see it as a slightly more expensive season ticket and have joined because I have sufferered Gillingham and Withdean and the wife said treat yourself for a few years.

Benefits for me are the view, free car parking, and being able to treat my dad to a bit comfort in his old age. The prawn sandwich bit does not really interest me, but you have to pay more for that anyway. I will just enjoy having a great seat for a few years at Falmer and who knows maybe beyond if I like it. But I am certainly not joining it to be considered "considerably better than you" as is kind of suggested in this blog. And why the hell do you keep posting links to your blogs on NSC. Have you got no shame?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I never thought the day would come when I felt a bit sorry for HB&B, but some of the feedback here is a bit scathing!

You may be right, but this is by no means the first time. He didn't listen to the constructive criticism of many blogs ago and so its all got rather tedious, hence the somewhat exasperated and personal responses.

D

Deleted User X18H

Anyway, last month the club said they would sell out of 1901 memberships in 8 weeks at the current rate. Did they tell you how many are left now when you went on Tuesday Tim?

Cheers mate and you Richie.

They didn't give that info. I suspect more might become available. They are designating from the centre outwards. Seats already taken are marked with a yellow sticker those reserved marked green.

I would say about 40% are still clear of either sticker.

The club are keen to emphasize this venture is affordable to the real Albion fans , Withdean regulars if you like.

Just thought I would help the club out with that message.!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here