Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 1901 to Falmer- An affordable opportunity for many.

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
i smell a rat here.

so timmy comes across as a billy big bollocks living in a monster house in dyke road avenue, living off rental income from a van hoogstraaten-esque string of properties and buying a top-dollar platinum ticket with a "colleague" and it turns out that he's stretching the truth somewhat?

I'm honestly shocked.

D

Deleted User X18H

i smell a rat here.

so timmy comes across as a billy big bollocks living in a monster house in dyke road avenue, living off rental income from a van hoogstraaten-esque string of properties and buying a top-dollar platinum ticket with a "colleague" and it turns out that he's stretching the truth somewhat?

I'm honestly shocked.

I have never said I live in a monster house. 3 beds ain't monster more beast. A couple of Studios does not the Duke of Westminster make or Hoogie. And I have just spoken to Richard Hill at the club a purchased a gold package for 5 years.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Actually I for one am a little annoyed about the "1901 Club." Fine to those who can afford tickets, good luck to you all, but I'm shocking with money, and spend too much time in the pub. So what makes me angry is that I have very little chance of being in the nice new three tiered stand, and have to settle with the possibility of the sun in my eyes in the opposite stand, or enjoying the game from behind the goal, where a lot of my friends do not want to be.

The club I feel although need money, have sold the core support that have been soaked for the last twelve years at Withdean short. Most of us will not be able to at least go to a couple of matches in that part of the ground,to see if we like the view etc. Now I understand that a lot of those seats may be sold, what happens when we might not be doing that well. Will those "Club" members be bothered to come to the enjoyment at Falmer. I hope so, but I'm not holding my breath.

D

Deleted User X18H

Actually I for one am a little annoyed about the "1901 Club." Fine to those who can afford tickets, good luck to you all, but I'm shocking with money, and spend too much time in the pub. So what makes me angry is that I have very little chance of being in the nice new three tiered stand, and have to settle with the possibility of the sun in my eyes in the opposite stand, or enjoying the game from behind the goal, where a lot of my friends do not want to be.

The club I feel although need money, have sold the core support that have been soaked for the last twelve years at Withdean short. Most of us will not be able to at least go to a couple of matches in that part of the ground,to see if we like the view etc. Now I understand that a lot of those seats may be sold, what happens when we might not be doing that well. Will those "Club" members be bothered to come to the enjoyment at Falmer. I hope so, but I'm not holding my breath.

But they so haven't sold out. Come on its £100 a year for five years or a grand for life based on 50 years I believe. Plus a monthly DD.

A lot of who take this up will be Albion fans starved of being able to enjoy so much in Brighton and Hove but lumbered with a portakabin at Withdean.

It's not like a debenture it's just a nice way to spend the whole afternoon in the new Albion environment.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

The thing is though - the best stand to look will be the West - so it may be better to sit somewhere else and be able to see it.

Just a thought.

cyanide-sid

May 20, 2010
Worthing
I`ve sat in Arsenal`s platinum seats which cost 2k a piece and apart from the fact you can get a beer quickly at half time,( which I muchly liked) I found the experience a little sterile with people around me more interested in everyday chit chat than actually joining in with the supporting of their team.
Give me the cheap seats any day of the week.

West Stand capacity = 11833. 1901 club = approx 2000. So how exactly are you being excluded when there are the best part of 10000 seats available?

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
In fairness, and i've not read this thread until now, Timmy's got 10 pages of discussion and binfestery, the thing that NSC loves the most. Fair play to him.

Its NOT that expensive, our hospitality is the price of a bog standard top four ticket. So its NOT that bad, its pretty expensive but you don't have to buy it

In fairness, and i've not read this thread until now, Timmy's got 10 pages of discussion and binfestery, the thing that NSC loves the most. Fair play to him.

Its NOT that expensive, our hospitality is the price of a bog standard top four ticket. So its NOT that bad, its pretty expensive but you don't have to buy it
It works out at around £40 a game (All games apart from Testimonials included) which includes a £3+ programme and parking rights if you can club together - and all for what are generally considered the best seats in the stadium. Far too many people are getting hung up on the "prawn sandwich" argument. Essentially, I got mine because it was a front row seat in the middle tier with the option of a buffet lunch if the fancy takes me and nice bars for before and after the game. From what I have seen and heard, the Platinum will be mostly business but Gold is a fairly even split of corporate and existing supporters.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
It works out at around £40 a game (All games apart from Testimonials included) which includes a £3+ programme and parking rights if you can club together - and all for what are generally considered the best seats in the stadium. Far too many people are getting hung up on the "prawn sandwich" argument. Essentially, I got mine because it was a front row seat in the middle tier with the option of a buffet lunch if the fancy takes me and nice bars for before and after the game. From what I have seen and heard, the Platinum will be mostly business but Gold is a fairly even split of corporate and existing supporters.

Well when the revolution comes you'll be the first one up against the wall.

:wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here