Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's Eastbourne like

pjones52

Jun 4, 2010
Morning Chaps and Chapesses,
Anyone help me out? I've seen some exchanges on areas in Eastbourne - where,s nice and where's not. Im thinking of moving into Redoubt near the sea front. I've seen comments that Seaside is a bit rough in parts. Is there any sign that this might be infecting Redoubt. Any advice welcome.. Cheers,

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Morning Chaps and Chapesses,
Anyone help me out? I've seen some exchanges on areas in Eastbourne - where,s nice and where's not. Im thinking of moving into Redoubt near the sea front. I've seen comments that Seaside is a bit rough in parts. Is there any sign that this might be infecting Redoubt. Any advice welcome.. Cheers,

I live in Eastbourne, and Redoubt and Seaside are fine. It's not a wildly attractive part of Eastbourne, but it's not rough.

Langney is the only area of Eastbourne to avoid living really.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
As he said, Redoubt and Seaside are fine. Seaside had a bit of a bad rep but really its safe as houses. Old Town is really nice if you can afford it. I wouldn't live down the harbour, extremely windy and over priced.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Langney is the only area of Eastbourne to avoid living really.

Are there parts of Langney which are ok ? I've noticed a lot of the estate agents say that a property is in the favourable area of Langney but looking on a map it turns out to be in Shinewater.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Langney point is ok but it's bungalow (and therefore pensioner) city. Redoubt/Seaside is ok.
I live in Upperton and it's nice, but a bit pricey. Old town is the best area for schools, pubs and atmosphere in my opinion.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Are there parts of Langney which are ok ? I've noticed a lot of the estate agents say that a property is in the favourable area of Langney but looking on a map it turns out to be in Shinewater.

Most parts of Langney are fine. The only areas to avoid are the Shinewater and Kingsmere estates. As is always the case even these areas wil have some perfectly respectable residents but unfortunately if there are any thieving chavs lording on benefits they are more likely to be in those areas.

Run a mile if the estate agent suggests alternatives such as Royal Sussex Crescent or Croxden Way:wrong:

03dpellett

willingdon gull
Mar 10, 2008
Agreed on Croxden Way and the surrounding area.. complete poo hole!.. you'll be absolutely fine with Redoubt though!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Redoubt is street parking only, if you have car(s) can be tricky. its also one freak storm away from severe flooding.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Don't get this bit about Old Town being the best part of the town - they've got plenty of yobs around there

I lived there for about 11 years. Old Town has its yob element but they're mainly on the Royal Sussex Crescent side of Victoria Drive. Broadly speaking the rest of the place is a good mix of young families, including lots of people who bailed out of Brighton because of prohibitive property prices.

Let's face it, no part of any town is completely without its antisocial element but there's a good community feel to Old Town.

If I was moving back to Eastbourne it would have to be to Old Town, Meads or Ratton/Upper Willingdon. There are nice bits elsewhere but these ones would be my priorities.

Last edited:

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
Meads is nice but full of quite a lot of old rich people, I used to live down Susans Road and many times I used to forget to lock my car and it was fine. Had a tramp trying to climb through the window once though, trying to get hold of some of fags and beer.

pjones52

Jun 4, 2010
Redoubt

Thanks Gents. Redoubt seems to have two halfs. Near the sea seems nice but further back gets a bit run down. Where are the best pubs and restaurants? I walked through an area to the west of town where there were some nive looking boozers, and Italian etc. Is it little Chelsea?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here