Please help support NSC by buying from Amazon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's Eastbourne like

What's Eastbourne like

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Morning Chaps and Chapesses,
    Anyone help me out? I've seen some exchanges on areas in Eastbourne - where,s nice and where's not. Im thinking of moving into Redoubt near the sea front. I've seen comments that Seaside is a bit rough in parts. Is there any sign that this might be infecting Redoubt. Any advice welcome.. Cheers,

• North Stand Chat

advertising

gods waiting room

Quote Originally Posted by pjones52 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Morning Chaps and Chapesses,
    Anyone help me out? I've seen some exchanges on areas in Eastbourne - where,s nice and where's not. Im thinking of moving into Redoubt near the sea front. I've seen comments that Seaside is a bit rough in parts. Is there any sign that this might be infecting Redoubt. Any advice welcome.. Cheers,
    I live in Eastbourne, and Redoubt and Seaside are fine. It's not a wildly attractive part of Eastbourne, but it's not rough.

Langney is the only area of Eastbourne to avoid living really.

As he said, Redoubt and Seaside are fine. Seaside had a bit of a bad rep but really its safe as houses. Old Town is really nice if you can afford it. I wouldn't live down the harbour, extremely windy and over priced.
    Fozzie's headband

#cpfctinpotclub seagullsovergrimsby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seagull73 View Post
    Langney is the only area of Eastbourne to avoid living really.
    Are there parts of Langney which are ok ? I've noticed a lot of the estate agents say that a property is in the favourable area of Langney but looking on a map it turns out to be in Shinewater.
    Response to a post by SeasideEagle on BBS - "Are you another account belonging to cpfc2010? You seem to be spouting the same bullshit."

Staring at the rude boys happypig's Avatar

Langney point is ok but it's bungalow (and therefore pensioner) city. Redoubt/Seaside is ok.
    I live in Upperton and it's nice, but a bit pricey. Old town is the best area for schools, pubs and atmosphere in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by seagullsovergrimsby View Post
    Are there parts of Langney which are ok ? I've noticed a lot of the estate agents say that a property is in the favourable area of Langney but looking on a map it turns out to be in Shinewater.
    Most parts of Langney are fine. The only areas to avoid are the Shinewater and Kingsmere estates. As is always the case even these areas wil have some perfectly respectable residents but unfortunately if there are any thieving chavs lording on benefits they are more likely to be in those areas.

Run a mile if the estate agent suggests alternatives such as Royal Sussex Crescent or Croxden Way

Pooetry Motions

croxden way....and all of Willingdon Trees methinks

willingdon gull

Agreed on Croxden Way and the surrounding area.. complete poo hole!.. you'll be absolutely fine with Redoubt though!
    "and brighton have grabbed a last minute equaliser throughh VIRGOOOOOOOOO!"

A. Virgo, Football Genius

Redoubt is street parking only, if you have car(s) can be tricky. its also one freak storm away from severe flooding.
    Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.

Don't get this bit about Old Town being the best part of the town - they've got plenty of yobs around there

With a Monkey Man Plan Monkey Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clive Walker's slaphead View Post
    Don't get this bit about Old Town being the best part of the town - they've got plenty of yobs around there
    I lived there for about 11 years. Old Town has its yob element but they're mainly on the Royal Sussex Crescent side of Victoria Drive. Broadly speaking the rest of the place is a good mix of young families, including lots of people who bailed out of Brighton because of prohibitive property prices.

Let's face it, no part of any town is completely without its antisocial element but there's a good community feel to Old Town.

If I was moving back to Eastbourne it would have to be to Old Town, Meads or Ratton/Upper Willingdon. There are nice bits elsewhere but these ones would be my priorities.
    Last edited by Monkey Man; 04-06-2010 at 16:01.
    Chicken Run, November 10, 1979.

Banned

used to live on soverign harbour used to be very nice.Not sure what is like now??

Full of old people and Immigrants.

Banned

Full of chavs, old people so it smells of piss, very nice flower displays along the seafront etc etc etc