Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vintage video - Brighton 0-1 Leatherhead (FA Cup) 1974/75

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Probably the only surviving footage of Albion in those white home shirts they wore in that 1974/75 season. I hope this doesn't bring you nightmares!

[yt]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FY7gKgXp8Pk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FY7gKgXp8Pk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/yt]

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Probably the only surviving footage of Albion in those white home shirts they wore in that 1974/75 season. I hope this doesn't bring you nightmares!

The posting of disgusting images like these should be a banning offence!

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
I was there at the match. I remember that anything we tried was blocked by an arse/elbow/knee and then Leatherhead scored from their only real chance.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The posting of disgusting images like these should be a banning offence!

I'll let you know if I ever discover footage of the 4-0 home defeat to Walton & Hersham under Cloughie. :jester:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
We were so bad after Cloughie had a clear out and then went off to a massive club. Peter Taylor must have had the white kit so that he could imagine that he was at Leeds with Clough, or we were in disguise. Probably the away kit, can't remember, I am old. :down:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I'll let you know if I ever discover footage of the 4-0 home defeat to Walton & Hersham under Cloughie. :jester:

It was in a muddy field with rope round the pitch, to stop the invasion. I don't think there was electricity. Made the Hawks ground look like Premiershite.
And you think the last few seasons have been tough. :cry:

World of Sport

Mar 9, 2007
WSU
This isn't the goal he scored against the Albion!!
I think the clip is the LEICESTER v Leatherhead game at Filbert Street.
Hence Leicester playing in their away kit (the tie was swapped), and the invalid carraiges in the far corner.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
That was in the first game at Stompond Lane the 4 - 0 defeat was at The Goldstone.

It's all a blur of mediocrity. Good memory, I see your even older than I am.:cry::dunce:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
It is the Goldstone game, I remember it well.

Having suffered to Walton the previos year there was NO WAY this would happen again as the team, under peter taylor, was taking shape. Over 20,000 turned up to see as thrash this motley crew from Surrey but, as mentioned above, it just didn't happen. We were poor but everything we tried failed to come off and there was that air of inevitability that they would score.

As for the white kit, Saward was the manager in 70/71 when we 1st switched to white (although it's possible goodwin may have instigated the change), and Taylor was in charge for this 2nd attemp at all white (although we wore blue shorts for this game).

It was a really depressing game and I was of the opinion that those players should never play for Albion again...except that team had the likes of Sully, Rollings, Piper and more who went on to be part of the glory years.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Hence Leicester playing in their away kit (the tie was swapped), and the invalid carraiges in the far corner.

You are joking? Of course it's the Goldstone, they used to let those little invalid cars into the South West corner.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Definitely the Goldstone , that southwest corner is where 2 or 3 invalid carriages were positioned and the advertising hoardings look familiar

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD

Oh dear.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I was there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here