Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF 9 - Thanks

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Another event over.

Its been a bit different this one I would say. At the end of the day £ 10000 was raised for the fund which SMASHES the £ 7200 for REMF 8 and DESTROYS the figures for REMF 2-7.

We had a record gate of around 400 plus. The biggest since REMF 1. I think it maybe did not feel so large that because of the cold wind people sat in the seats rather than stand on the terraces so the atmosphere was more subdued than last year.

Everything that was meant to happen, happened. Ok not as smoothly as I or anyone would have liked but I/we are only Human. It makes everyone all the more determined to make REMF 10 the greatest one of all. The presentation ricket was my error but we improvised and the Palace boys had their moment of glory outside the burger bar :thumbsup:.

The comments about the raffle are appreciated and I/we will make it more smooth and with less delays in the future.

Firstly HUGE thanks to Alan Wares who has been an absolute star with his organising this year. Thanks to Dave Willcock for his superb pa. Thanks to Kay and her daughter and friend who did a great job with the gate / raffle tickets in a cold wind. Thanks to Lester who came along even though ill but had to give up selling raffle tickets at half time as his arthritus got the better of him. Thanks to Adrie far driving down and helping me. I will calling on your help again. Thanks to Phil Shelley for sponsoring the match and being " the voice " for the raffle. Thanks to Di Horner for her help.

Thanks to Teresa Saunders and the Seagulls Specials and Fishersgate Flyers for providing the ball boys and thanks to the officials for doing such a good job better than we see most weeks at Withdean !.

Thanks to Gullys Girls for their support, they must have been cold !. Thanks to Gully ( whoever he is ). Thanks to Dick Knight for coming along again on his birthday and the support of BHAFC.. Thanks to Roz for her wonderful photos and Ed. Thanks to Peter Ward for flying 7000 miles round trip, Ricky Marlowe with a 900 round trip drive and Jolly Simon Rodger for playing.

Thanks to Lewes FC for being such wonderful hosts for the 4th year running and thanks to the catering staff who donated the players food and gully's girls burgers and drinks.

Thanks to the CPFC boys who are absolutely great blokes one and all. Its a shame but I even find it hard to hate Palace anymore !.

And a HUGE thanks thanks to the BHAFC team who have risen to the challenge in difficult circumstances in the best possible way showing what great blokes they are. They have been a credit to the REMF this year with special mentions to Andy Rumble, Richie Morris and Brett Mendoza who is a ruddy marvel.

Thanks to all who donated and Bozza for his threads raising money. Thanks to all who attended. We hope to see you at REMF 10.

The bottom line is , the event was a great success and we had Gremlins on the night and at times it felt like it had a curse with the Volcano trying to prevent Wardy coming over and other niggly things.

The REMF is always open to suggestions and help and we will calling on these for REMF 10.

I hope the fund continues to make you and the Eatons proud.

Last edited:

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Congratulations to all concerned, it was a good night.

It's great to be able to drink and smoke at football....

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Well done and congrats to all, hopefully next year will be just as successful, if not more!

Now, can we have an end to the love in and ass kissing?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Well done and congrats to all, hopefully next year will be just as successful, if not more!

Now, can we have an end to the love in and ass kissing?

:laugh:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Congrats to all on a very productive few weeks.

And a big Thank You has to be said to Gareth too for all the hard work (a lot more than people realise) he puts in year after year.
:clap::clap::clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here