Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Remf last night

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The raffle is always a rush job and people don't like hanging around so it has to be better and quicker next year. People said numbers were low but infact it was the biggest crowd since REMF 1, around 400 plus 50 teams/helpers means 450 in a very small space which makes moving around, locating and organising hard but there is room for improvment. I hope people will see the bigger picture in that we raised £ 10000 this year for the fund which i will post shortly.

Tcha! Can't leave you alone with anything... :p

Gareth, cheer up you mierable old scrote. REMF was a total success, and so what if we're not 100% sharp on stage management in setting up the presentation? Whoop-de-doo.

People enjoyed themselves and we raised a stinking ton of cash - THAT'S the important bit.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thanks al.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
REMF was a total success, and so what if we're not 100% sharp on stage management in setting up the presentation? Whoop-de-doo.

People enjoyed themselves and we raised a stinking ton of cash - THAT'S the important bit.

Correct, congrats to all!:smile:

Rather have an eel

As organiser of the event, I take your comments on board Rev, and will consider them in due course.

For instance, next year when we do the raffle draw, we'll make sure we tear the tickets up properly and nicely, and draw them from the pit of your cavernous arsehole. Should raise a laugh.

:clap:

IT WOULD BE AN HONOUR TO ASSIST,HAPPY TO HELP NXT YEAR:thumbsup:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Simon Rodger has sent me a message to say he loved and it will be playing for the CPFC team again in REMF 10 ( he even forgives Richie !). Peter Ward and Ricky Marlowe have also confirmed.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Maybe do the raffle at half time so people who cannot hang around afterwards can see it?

Imho that would be a much better idea. People soon forget about the 'greater cause' when they are tired and want to find out whether they have won a signed something or other. There was quite a lot of grumbling in the bar after the game about having to wait around for the raffle.

BUT, that certainly shouldn't take the shine off another sterling effort from those who give up their own time to raise money for a good cause. Shame about the Craig Davies tributes from the Albion strikers :)

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Fair comment matt and I think doing the raffle at half time next year is a good idea. It just means the sellers have less time but an hour or so should be enough time to do it if we get 4 or so people next year.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Other than saying he threatened to break legs and calling people 'rude words' you mean?

Niggle niggle niggle niggle - same old bozza

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A big thanks to adrie for driving down and being my right hand man. I hope he enjoyed it and will ask him to be my right hand man for REMF 10.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
If the club allow you to hold REMF 10 at Falmer, perhaps as a test to check everything is working before the big kick-off, what would be the chance of it being held there on an annual basis as a fundraiser? It would be a tremendous gesture and might help raise an even greater amount for such a worthy cause.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its a work in progress is the best I/we can say at the moment.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Cracking evening, well done to all involved. :clap: :clap:

Agree about the raffle being held at half-time, though. That would still leave plenty of time to sell tickets before/during the first half.

Didn't see ya bud soz - cheers for coming :thumbsup:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Its a work in progress is the best I/we can say at the moment.

Nice one, if it were the first game at the new stadium I could see there being a fair few people wanting to be there...maybe have it as a curtain raiser before the first club friendly. It would be a fitting way to mark the 10th anniversary, even if the fixture did move elsewhere in subsequent years, plus it would probably raise an even bigger shed-load of cash than previous years.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
announcer poor,gullys girls should have been selling tickets instead of dance routine,you encouraged familys but not a nice atmosphere to hang around for raffle draw,suprised after 9 years that it was not run better on the night,understand these events are not easy but could have done better,my first and last.Hope you can get fresh input and build on work already done.CHEERS REV :clap:

If you think you can do anything better, then I take it yuour name will be the first on the list next year.

PM me with your name, and phone number and I can tell you who does what and who to contact.

Its very easy to critisise but volunteer for f*** ALL

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If you think you can do anything better, then I take it yuour name will be the first on the list next year.

PM me with your name, and phone number and I can tell you who does what and who to contact.

Its very easy to critisise but volunteer for f*** ALL

YOU were brilliant Dave :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here