Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations Cadiz FC

Cygnus

Jul 7, 2003
Cadiz, Spain
Just won the playoffs to reach the Spanish second division (equivalent to UK 1st division). Ex seagull Michael Robinson is a director here.
To mark this occasion I shall henceforth be known as Cadiz Seagull! (hope it´s not a relegation battle next year!)
Anyone out here during the season who fancies going to a game pm me and I´ll try and fix a ticket

Yup, beautiful place. Oldest recorded city in Europe with records going back over 300 years! About 60 miles north of Gibraltar, miles and miles of empty beaches, sunny and warm (allright, hot!) most of the year. Brighton will always be where I come from but this is home now!
If you fancy buying a house here, just let me know!!

Sorry for the delay - I had problems staying logged on. A house with 3 beds, 2 bath, living room, kitchen, garden and private pool will cost you 100,000 pounds upwards, less if you want something on a development with a communal pool.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Cadiz Seagull I am going to visit my Aunt in Puerto de Santa Maria on Thursday and from what I can remember (Havent been there for years) its opposite Cadiz and right next to a big US naval base. Is that right, and if so whats the weather like?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Are you serious CS? 100k = 3 bed, 2 bath and pool.

I take it there aren't many well paid jobs nearby. So indulge me, what can I expect to get for, say, 300k?

Blimey, I just got back from a siesta and all these replies!!
Chapman, let me know and I´ll find you something
Dan, Puerto de Santa Maria is a few miles north of Cadiz, and there is port there (Peurto Real, the main port in the area) but no Naval Base that I know of. Make sure you go to Cadiz while you´re there, beautiful city. And sorry, but the weather´s hot and sunny!!!! Really warm but not stifling heat as there´s usually a breeze from the Atlantic in the area.
Simster, no, there´s not a lot of well paid jobs, unless you have (a) a specific skill and (b) fluent Spanish. But you don´t need to have a huge income as cost of living is a good bit cheaper than UK. But if you have the sort of job where you do a lot of work on the net, then that can certainly be done from here. I run a management consultancy in UK as well as the estate agency here and fly back when I need to see clients (around 150 pounds return, flights to Gatwick take a couple of hours). 300k will buy you a top of the range house out here. To give you an idea I've just bought a house with 5 beds, 2 baths, living room, kitchen, dining room, nice garden, pool, garage, for just under 200,000 euros (around 135,000 pounds). rather better value than Brighton, even though it´s a long way to a home game at Withdean!! have a look at our website - www.luzhomes.com - lots of properties on there and more coming in all the time.
Come and join me out here and we can set up a Seagulls chapter of the Cadiz CF supporters club! Seriously, anyone wanting information, please pm me or email martyn@luzhomes.com
Mods - sorry, this isn´t supposed to be a sales pitch!!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
:eek: f***ing hell Cadiz, you are seriously tempting me.

We've talked about moving out to Spain as the wife speaks Spanish, I want to learn and this is just the sort of local knowledge I need. Have you got any similar properties to the one you bought on your books? :bounce:

Yes, quite a few. have a look at 1251 (this was our second choice for a house to buy - I bought the first choice simply because it´s closer to the office), 1351, and 1211 on the website www.luzhomes.com
maybe best if you contact me direct martyn@luzhomes.com so we don´t get the mods on our backs for non Albion related business. Although having said that, I posted on this site a while ago when we were looking for a design company for the website and someone put me in touch with 15below who did a good job for us, so if we can do any business with fellow Albion supporters why not?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here