Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An idea to help raise funds for REMF

emphyrian

May 25, 2004
Woodingdean
When i went and saw the New York Mets play in thier last season at The Shea Stadium, they gave people the chance to pull a giant number of a board to show how many games there were left till they moved into the new stadium.

So i thought how about something similar to mark our last seaon at withdean. either you can charge an amount of £ to pull the number away which starts fairly low (so people like me can give it a go) and then the price increases to the more silly amounts for the last few games, or it cold be some sort of auction, or raffle the numbers off.

ive never contibuted to REMF but i hope that with a little tweaking this idea may make the fund some money and i can say ive done a bit to help a great cause.

cheers
Jack

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
When i went and saw the New York Mets play in thier last season at The Shea Stadium, they gave people the chance to pull a giant number of a board to show how many games there were left till they moved into the new stadium.

So i thought how about something similar to mark our last seaon at withdean. either you can charge an amount of £ to pull the number away which starts fairly low (so people like me can give it a go) and then the price increases to the more silly amounts for the last few games, or it cold be some sort of auction, or raffle the numbers off.

ive never contibuted to REMF but i hope that with a little tweaking this idea may make the fund some money and i can say ive done a bit to help a great cause.

cheers
Jack

i re-read this 4 times and it still made no sense..

phoenix

May 18, 2009

I have an even better idea.Why don't you just give some money to REMF anyway.What a great cause! :thumbsup:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

It's easy.
A board at Withdean next season counting down from 23 (number of league games left there). At each game the top number is taken down leaving 1 less number of games left. The closer to zero it gets, the more money you pay for the privelage.

When would the number be taken down though? Before, half time or after?

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Build a display at Withdean with a countdown to our move to falmer.

Auction/raffle off the opportunity to be the one that at each home game goes over to the display and updates the countdown. (Press a comically large button to change the number on an electronic display, change the tablets on an old-fashioned cricket style display, tear off a page like a page a day calender whatever method is suitable).

Give profits to REMF.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Would people actually pay to do that though?

emphyrian

May 25, 2004
Woodingdean

I have an even better idea.Why don't you just give some money to REMF anyway.What a great cause! :thumbsup:

unfortunatly been unemployed for nearly a year and have a £900 a month mortgage to pay. if this idea works and REMF makes some money ill feel goodabout that

Dandyman

In London village.

cheers
Jack

I think a few of us were chatting to you at the bus stop when you mentioned this. Sounds a potentially good idea to me - possibly one for "ask the Club" ?

emphyrian

May 25, 2004
Woodingdean
yes thats me then. i thought id stick it here irst and gauge some response and hope that a member of the REMF organising team would pick up on it.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its an idea worth looking into. Thanks for the suggestion.

Game on

:angel: WHAT ABOUT PLACING A NUMBER UNDER EACH SEAT, THEN SELLING NUMBERS ON ENTERING THE WITHDEAN FOR 50P, THEN AT HALF TIME YOU PASS YOUR BOUGHT TICKET TO THE RIGHT EACH TIME YOU GET PASSED A TICKET YOU TRY TO MATCH IT WITH YOUR SEAT NUMBER,IF YOU GET A MATCH YOU MUST TAKE TICKET FROM UNDER YOUR SEAT WITH THE TICKET YOU HAVE PURCHASED TO THE CENTER CIRCLE,YOU THE HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO STRIKE A BALL FROM THE CENTRE INTO GOAL FOR PRIZE! IF YOU MISS THE GAME CONTINUES,FOR EVENING GAMES YOU COULD PASS THE TICKETS TO THE LEFT! I THINK THIS WOULD CATCH ON AND BE GREAT FUN FOR ALL THE FAMILY/1:thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
How about there's a big bin by the turnstiles and everybody just brings along all those jars of 'drinkers pocket' copper and odd Euro coins that are just gathering dust and you'd rather be shot of? Reckon would make a tidy sum.

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
i was thinking of ways to create extra revenue for REMF and thought for next year and the unfortunate tenth anniversary of that very sad day. Harveys Brewery should come up with a new beer called Eaton Memorial with a proportion of the sale price going to REMF.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
i was thinking of ways to create extra revenue for REMF and thought for next year and the unfortunate tenth anniversary of that very sad day. Harveys Brewery should come up with a new beer called Eaton Memorial with a proportion of the sale price going to REMF.

I love this idea. Any ideas would of course have to be approved by the Eaton family first.

The 'giant number' idea would obviously compete with the Withdean Wager and it would need more organising than WW - since it would have to be combined with a bit of 'event management' on matchdays.

To be honest, I can't see it taking off.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here