Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF 2010 - it's organisation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
Any positives will be taken in the future but I think its gone beyond that this year.

Fair enough.

Maybe a moderated 'suggest ideas to improve the REMF' thread could be started, purely for NSC users to give their views on ideas that might help the charity, which the REMF committee/management/players etc could then discuss in a private forum?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Leave Gareth alone.

Is it any surprise he has got defensive when you and others have laid into the REMF so openly on here. No, Gareth does not have anything to do with the team selection issue you vocally criticised. But he does care about the charity and is obviously going to react when people slag it off.
WTF are you talking about, you complete plum? The only people I've EVER criticised are the squad.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Fair enough.

Maybe a moderated 'suggest ideas to improve the REMF' thread could be started, purely for NSC users to give their views on ideas that might help the charity, which the REMF committee/management/players etc could then discuss in a private forum?

that sounds like a great idea, and one that should start at the end of this year, start of next, not 3 weeks untli the event happens

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
My only comment would be that I think it would be best to get all the prizes, raffles etc sorted before opening them up to NSC and Brighton fans at large.

Looks a bit amatuerish to start something as an auctiont then switch to a raffle.

But a very moot point indeed.

re: flyers. It is pretty irrelevant point. The club has ALWAYS let us flyer outside the ground. Always.

To criticise people for not asking sooner just looks petty.

And ok, some of the planning is done on here. So what? Does it REALLY matter?

I would perhaps suggest that if certain people think the planning would be better served being done privately, the same could also definitely be said for the CRITISICISING and NIT-PICKING from certain posters.

I know which of the two does more harm to the charity - and it isn't people chatting about where best to hand out flyers.

what is a 'very' moot point?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Unfortunately I don't have the free time to. The point of this thread was to offer some constructive thoughts for future REMF games. As ever, you have chosen to view it as a personal attack.

What makes you think I and many others have the " free time ".

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
WTF are you talking about, you complete plum? The only people I've EVER criticised are the squad.

Yes. The squad. Which is obviously a fairly major part of the REMF match.

All I am saying is that while yes, when people type certain things, they may not mean them as an out and out attack on Gareth etc, they cannot really be surprised when he gets a bit defensive over them.

Regardless of people's intentions, the whole calling into question everything about the REMF HAS demotivated people. It HAS caused offence and it HAS damaged the name of the charity.

Lush

Mods' Pet
How about going through each and every Friends of Albion business person and tap them for prizes? And do it at least 6 months before and keep tapping/reminding them? In return you can promise them that they can have a photo with Peter Ward after the game (and maybe holding up something advertising their business?)

I have chosen one of your paragraphs at random to try and demonstrate to Buzzer what the problem is. Basically there is no you. The REMF isn't an organisation or a company. It doesn't really have a you. You don't want the job I'm sure. I don't either.

Some people pitch in and do what they can to help out. A lot of people don't have the time, like yourself.

The only way to get something done is to offer to do it yourself, although I would be happy to hear suggestions about my 'role' selling raffle tickets/the turnstile.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I have chosen one of your paragraphs at random to try and demonstrate to Buzzer what the problem is. Basically there is no you. The REMF isn't an organisation or a company. It doesn't really have a you. You don't want the job I'm sure. I don't either.

Some people pitch in and do what they can to help out. A lot of people don't have the time, like yourself.

The only way to get something done is to offer to do it yourself, although I would be happy to hear suggestions about my 'role' selling raffle tickets/the turnstile.

Ha ha ha ha ha - You may regret that last bit :dunce::)

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

I'm genuinely sorry if I've offended anyone on this thread. It wasn't the intention and think I cocked up by thinking it wasn't going to turn into a binfest. Should have seen that it always was going to go that way. Lesson learned and sorry.

With regard to your specific point, Lush, I was referring specifically to the REMF organising committee.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I'm genuinely sorry if I've offended anyone on this thread. It wasn't the intention and think I cocked up by thinking it wasn't going to turn into a binfest. Should have seen that it always was going to go that way. Lesson learned and sorry.

With regard to your specific point, Lush, I was referring specifically to the REMF organising committee.

which is basically me, Brett, Al and Richie.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
It's a Friday. The sun is out. Can't you all just shut up, and cheer up for awhile?

Cheers :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here