Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF 2010 - it's organisation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
re: flyers. It is pretty irrelevant point. The club has ALWAYS let us flyer outside the ground. Always.

To criticise people for not asking sooner just looks petty.

It's not petty. It's your flagship event. And just because has always let us do it does not mean that they always will, Maybe, just maybe, the club always did it because DK was chairman. I'm not for one instant suggesting that TB would not want you handing out flyers but it might be wise just to check. ..before you print the flyers.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The REMF is amateurish ?, yes I suppose it may be thats because it is run by people who just help and do what they can in their spare time for nothing and work hard when they have many other priorites like making a living. We are not UNICEF or some multi manned, paid organisation. I do find it odd that last year we won Sussex charity of the year and now people seem to have turned against it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As Bozza said can't we pls stick to PM and email for these issues and not put it on here for everyone to chip in with their 2 pence worth.

Lee - Appreciate what you've said but it wouldve been better to PM Brett or Gareth.

Please can we stop this all now as it's spoiling it for those involved and there's been some excellent hard work done by Gareth / Alan / Brett ETC ETC ETC ETC thisyr...

Pls just stop

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It's not petty. It's your flagship event. And just because has always let us do it does not mean that they always will, Maybe, just maybe, the club always did it because DK was chairman. I'm not for one instant suggesting that TB would not want you handing out flyers but it might be wise just to check. ..before you print the flyers.

Which Gareth said they did.

So what is your point?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The damage done this year may well mean a lot of very good people who have busted their arse will not want to carry on after REMF 9. That is the reality of the situation. And any criticism of Brett in particular is an utter disgrace.

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
As Bozza said can't we pls stick to PM and email for these issues and not put it on here for everyone to chip in with their 2 pence worth.

Why?

You'll potentially get useful feedback than can be taken on board next year to make more money.

The Friends of the Albion idea for example is a bloody good one.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The damage done this year may well mean a lot of very good people who have busted their arse will not want to carry on after REMF 9. That is the reality of the situation. And any criticism of Brett in particular is an utter disgrace.

Indeed.

It is just a shame some people have not put the same energy into actually getting involved and helping that they have into criticising everyone on here.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Some excellent points raised by Buzzer, IMO, but Mendoza raises the best point of all - the people who do the leg work do so by giving up their time. Whatever you think of their level of competence, this needs to be remembered.

Is the objective this year to destroy all the good work the REMf has done for 9 years and continues to do so ?.

A fag packet, a cottage industry
Gareth, when it comes to levels of effort, you're one of the good guys. We all know that. But ultimately, this thin skin of yours is doing neither yourself nor the charity any favours whatsoever. You're positively discouraging healthy debate and it is giving the impression that you're only happy when posting bits of good news and expecting "brilliant news!" or "thanks for all your hard work!" in return. Now I know that isn't your intention because of the PMs we've exchanged, but that is the impression you are giving. Since you are chairman, I think you need to rise above what you consider petty criticism.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
...but which of the main protagonists would be allowed exclusive entry to the forum?
For what it's worth, in my little world it seems US, Brett and the others are doing a bloody good job and deserve a bit more credit as all this criticism cannot help but be taken personally by them.

They are working their socks off, I agree and it's not meant to be personal. My point that I keep going back to is that it appears that it could do with better planning and the load spread a lot more evenly.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

As I have already said. I did !. :shrug:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Some excellent points raised by Buzzer, IMO, but Mendoza raises the best point of all - the people who do the leg work do so by giving up their time. Whatever you think of their level of competence, this needs to be remembered.

Gareth, when it comes to levels of effort, you're one of the good guys. We all know that. But ultimately, this thin skin of yours is doing neither yourself nor the charity any favours whatsoever. You're positively discouraging healthy debate and it is giving the impression that you're only happy when posting bits of good news and expecting "brilliant news!" or "thanks for all your hard work!" in return. Now I know that isn't your intention because of the PMs we've exchanged, but that is the impression you are giving. Since you are chairman, I think you need to rise above what you consider petty criticism.

points noted, maybe I am not the best man for the future.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Leave Gareth alone.

Is it any surprise he has got defensive when you and others have laid into the REMF so openly on here. No, Gareth does not have anything to do with the team selection issue you vocally criticised. But he does care about the charity and is obviously going to react when people slag it off.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
why?

You'll potentially get useful feedback than can be taken on board next year to make more money.

The friends of the albion idea for example is a bloody good one.

because it's the 10th thread on this sort of thing and it's getting tedious to read for everyone.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Oh for God sake. I am not criticising Brett.

Can you not see that. I have praised his work again and again and acknowledged how hard people are working.

Please desist with this line that any criticism is personal. It's not.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Why?

The Friends of the Albion idea for example is a bloody good one.

Any positives will be taken in the future but I think its gone beyond that this year.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Oh for God sake. I am not criticising Brett.

Can you not see that. I have praised his work again and again and acknowledged how hard people are working.

Please desist with this line that any criticism is personal. It's not.

If people take it personally which they are I can assure you it is a real problem.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
This sort of stuff would be good in January. When we 3 or 4 moths to come up with something to launch with in March. I agree it is good to get advice from people not involved directly with REMF.

I think because the previous beanfeast, it is being perceived as a slanging match when evidently its not

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It is fairly coincidental that the 'suggestions' tend to come from the same three or four people who were fairly vocal in their criticism.

I will keep making the point, but anyone who genuinely wants to help could always volunteer to share some of the load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here